Sign in to follow this  
goggi

VoxKey timing

Hi,
using many VoxKey commands in flows, I realised over many tests that there might be some loss of sync between VoxKey and the OS, each one having its own internal timing. The command (in voice or writing) is given and recognised, but the action may be performed or not, depending on circumstances.

This behaviour is less frequent with single-keystroke commands, more pronounced with double-keystroke commands (e.g. those containing modifier keys, such as CTRL, SHIFT …). A possible workaround is to use the VoxKey command with repetitions (built-in, from 2 up to 7 times!), but this is not always possible, since some commands operate in toggle mode.

According to my tests, hitting manually the corresponding key works without problems, indicating a difficulty by the system to catch a very brief interrupt. I am no deep in machine programming, but I hope that you might find a way to alleviate the problem. Simulate a “longer” keystroke, maybe?

Thank you, as always
Giorgio

Intel Core i7 3,5 GHz, Win10 Professional, P3Dv4.4, PMDG 737NGX, MCE 2.7.88, GSX-2.

Giorgio Goggi

On 2/11/2019 at 9:03 AM, goggi said:

Hi,
using many VoxKey commands in flows, I realised over many tests that there might be some loss of sync between VoxKey and the OS, each one having its own internal timing. The command (in voice or writing) is given and recognised, but the action may be performed or not, depending on circumstances.

This behaviour is less frequent with single-keystroke commands, more pronounced with double-keystroke commands (e.g. those containing modifier keys, such as CTRL, SHIFT …). A possible workaround is to use the VoxKey command with repetitions (built-in, from 2 up to 7 times!), but this is not always possible, since some commands operate in toggle mode.

According to my tests, hitting manually the corresponding key works without problems, indicating a difficulty by the system to catch a very brief interrupt. I am no deep in machine programming, but I hope that you might find a way to alleviate the problem. Simulate a “longer” keystroke, maybe?

Thank you, as always
Giorgio

Intel Core i7 3,5 GHz, Win10 Professional, P3Dv4.4, PMDG 737NGX, MCE 2.7.88, GSX-2.

Please have a go at the latest implementation for which a download link is provided on this thread

Default delay between 2 consecutive Voxkey combo sent to FS is 200 millisec. Should be good enough. It was previous ly set to 1 second

Iy can be lowered via the mce.ini, but I think it's best to leave it at default.