Sign in to follow this  
Zeder

Last digit missing in controller text

Hi,

On the controller information for takeoff runway, the last digit of the runway # is missing
and occurs after ack at the begin of next line.

See screenshots.

Does anybody has any idea what's wrong?

Thanks in advance

Ruedi

35046736rj.jpg

after ack

35046738xi.jpg

Ruedi Burkhard

Never seen this before but have you tried enlarging the window (sideways)?

Ian

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Hi,

I have tested again.

-no change the lines: first line show long message (without the last digit) and requested an ack (7)
- after I gave ack (7) a new line occurs with     the last digit of the message

- then enlarged the window downwards (space for more then one line.....)   >>> same effect.

In FSUIPC option multiline is activated.

Next test, (with 'show text' tool, set as active:)
RC start, load FPlan into it, start fsx. load FPlan into it, start show text > link active, RC Start
Then I sent CLR to RC and get a feedback, but after then, the RC stopped and I see this message (on RC screen):

Run time error '70', RadarContact.fsuipc.rcv4code
Somethings seem to be wrong and I'm not shure, if I spend a lot of time to find out.

(Because another 'error' is, that the destination airport sound as follow: (LSZH) >> Lima, sierra zulu hotel, instead   'Zurich'.)

Similar as described in Manual (page 29)

When selecting your call sign, note that a space between the numbers defines how they are spoken. For
example, 6 6 3 would be spoken as six, six, three. If you entered 6 63, it would be voiced as
six, sixty-three.

At this moment, I'm a little bit stumped....

Ruedi

Ruedi Burkhard

Ruedi,

Check that the folder where you save your plans has write access.

Also check you are running RC4 with admin rights.  Relate a shortcut to RC4.exe, right-click it and choose advanced. The admin option there will guarantee it always runs with those rights.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Unfortunately Admins don't have rights to personal folders so the advice of running with Admin fails on some systems. Although this is the advice often given, and it does work most of the time, it is basically wrong and can allow access to the system from nefarious sources.

If we want to do it the right way, when permission to write to a read only file or folder is required, in Windows and other OSs, then we "give the permission".

To do that we can most simply give the 'Modify Allow' permission to the Users group of that folder we want to create files or edit files in.

Since we log into Windows and become a member of that Users group by authentication, that is the recommended way to give permission. At some stage in the future an Admin might not have access to certain folders depending on how the software was installed.

Edited by SteveW

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Quite often software addons are affected by the problem of the Program Files folders being unavailable for User writes unless we give permission or elevate privileges. It is possible that RC4 could be affected in this way but not usually. I'm wondering if there's some kind of error in the FSUIPC settings.

...Regarding Rays idea to run as admin might be a good test. What can happen is some aspects of communications (between RC4 and  the sim) can be lost, if only one, the sim or RC4 is run as admin but the other not. When running as admin make sure other apps run as admin too so that privileges are matched.

Hi,

Thanks for your infos. I will try and give a feedback.

Ruedi

Ruedi Burkhard

@Zeder, Ruidi, how have you got that green display showing? It's not something I've seen before. Is it 'Display Text' in RC4?

I notice you're running WideServer but it's not linked to a networked PC. Running RC4 on a WideFS PC will allow you to use ShowText on that PCinstead of the SimConnect window on your FS one.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Can you go to:

C:\Users\[you]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

and rename UISettings.xml to, say, UISettings.xml.sav (so you have a copy) and restart P3D so a new one is made...

Hi,
First of all

Ray: yes it is 'Display text' in RC4 (my native language is SwissGerman..., so it is very helpful...)
SteveW: I' m using Win7 on my PC and Notebook as well.

But now, the result of several test show me, do not use the tool  'showtext.exe'
I can live with 'the last digit on an new line.

Last week, my notebook gave up (cell battery down), therefore I have tested this RC4 Issue only with the PC.
But in the meantime, I have changed the battery (hurray!) and will try next week with FSX and RC4 on PC and FCommander on Notebook
(connected over WideFS)

You will got a feedback.

Have a nice (spring-) weekend

Ruedi

Ruedi Burkhard

Ruedi,

You may get performance issues with Display Text showing. It’s been mentioned on the forum in the past.

I appreciate it can help if your first language is not English but ATC instructions are quite similar once you’ve used RC4 for a while.

Hope things improve for you once the laptop is in use.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray.

Ok. Actual situation: laptop is running, fsc database on laptop update (database manager):

FSX and RC4 on PC, Flightcommander and WideFS on laptop.

The RC4 works well with one exception: some of the destination airport codes are spelled out. For example EGPH >> Echo Golf Papa Hotel instead of 'Edinburgh'.
I have tested several flight plans, all rebuilt. But EGLL or most of the other airport code not.
Question: Does the rc4 have a database for icao code?

Or should I close this case and open a new one for the 'spelling issue'.??

Edited by Zeder
more details

Ruedi Burkhard

Ruedi,

We conducted a survey between RC4 team members back in 2006 as to what airports would be identified by their name as opposed to using the ICAO code. There's a good mixture but I'm afraid no more can be added since each controller and pilot had to record the wav file for those airports. So what you have is it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The UISettings.xml controls window sizes, so I wondered if that simply didn't provide room for the last digit, a bit of a long shot.