Sign in to follow this  
Maverick24

Taxi and landing lights are nearly invisible

Hi all,

after an update P3Dv4 to a latest version I noticed that night flying is impossible, because aircraft taxi and landing lights are nearly invisible. Or mainly the taxi lights, but I think landing lights should be a little stronger either. I tried everything I find on forums: set MOON_PHASE_LIGHTING=0 or to false, set MAX_POINT_LIGHTS=800 MAX_SPOT_LIGHTS=700 (from 250), tried play with dynamic light, lens flare and cloud cast and nothing works. 

Same situation with default Mooney, or Milviz cessna 310R. Example:

Milviz cessna taxi lights OFF:

https://prnt.sc/mjmzu3

Milviz cessna taxi light ON:

https://prnt.sc/mjn096

Sorry for the colours, but is the best I can do with a lightshot. I think the difference is noticable.

Can someone please help me with this?

Thank you

Jiri

Following since I too can hardly see anything while taxiing at night with V4.4.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

As I wrote higher - it happened with different planes. And as I wrote on other topics or forums, some users experiencing same thing. So I do think is the P3D problem, especialy it happened after I updated.

Just now, Maverick24 said:

As I wrote higher - it happened with different planes. And as I wrote on other topics or forums, some users experiencing same thing. So I do think is the P3D problem, especialy it happened after I updated.

I work with effects, trust me.. this has nothing to do with P3D.

It is the intensity of the effects dynamic lighting of your selected airplanes which is too low.

S.

• Like 2

I've noticed different light densities depending on the ground/apron textures. Are you having the same result on concrete, asphalt textures at default airports? Your image appears to be an addon airport. Orbx Friday Harbor?

Edited by BillS511

30 minutes ago, simbol said:

this has nothing to do with P3D.

Precisely. If that was the case, i would not be seeing a taxiway as clear as mud with, e,g CS' 757-200v3.

Edited by vc10man

@Maverick24
I believe the ground splash beam is hard coded in the aircraft .mdl file.

Also have you tried this? In sim key commands. Moving the light beam upward? Landing light (tilt up) Shift + Ctrl + Num 8

Landing light (center) Shift + Ctrl + Num 5
Landing light (tilt down) Shift + Ctrl + Num 2
Landing light (tilt left) Shift + Ctrl + Num 4
Landing light (tilt right) Shift + Ctrl + Num 6
Landing light (tilt up) Shift + Ctrl + Num 8

http://uraster.com/en-us/articles/prepar3dcompletecommandslist.aspx

Fantastic find, Bill. Is there one for the DCS simulator?

21 hours ago, simbol said:

I work with effects, trust me.. this has nothing to do with P3D.

It is the intensity of the effects dynamic lighting of your selected airplanes which is too low.

S.

It´s not about trusting you, I believe you, but I pointing a one thing - it happened after update so something had to change and I ask what. What changed that I cannot see a thing with taxi lights on default or payware aircraft? What can I do?

20 hours ago, BillS511 said:

I've noticed different light densities depending on the ground/apron textures. Are you having the same result on concrete, asphalt textures at default airports? Your image appears to be an addon airport. What addon is this?

Freeware orbx airport, default aiport, other freeware addon, everything is the same.

16 hours ago, BillS511 said:

@Maverick24
I believe the ground splash beam is hard coded in the aircraft .mdl file.

Also have you tried this? In sim key commands. Moving the light beam upward? Landing light (tilt up) Shift + Ctrl + Num 8

Landing light (center) Shift + Ctrl + Num 5
Landing light (tilt down) Shift + Ctrl + Num 2
Landing light (tilt left) Shift + Ctrl + Num 4
Landing light (tilt right) Shift + Ctrl + Num 6
Landing light (tilt up) Shift + Ctrl + Num 8

http://uraster.com/en-us/articles/prepar3dcompletecommandslist.aspx

I tried this and nothing changes. 

6 minutes ago, Maverick24 said:

It´s not about trusting you, I believe you, but I pointing a one thing - it happened after update so something had to change and I ask what. What changed that I cannot see a thing with taxi lights on default or payware aircraft? What can I do?

LM implemented moon phases, so there are nights that are more darker than others. This might have an impact of how dark the runway / taxiway looks for you but the landing lights and taxi lights effects dynamic lighting is what is causing the poor visibility in the first place.

I have fixed this issue for other users via custom jobs for many airplanes, mostly carenado GA airplanes which also implemente very low quantity of dynamic lighting causing similar issues.

s.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2019 at 3:16 PM, simbol said:

LM implemented moon phases, so there are nights that are more darker than others. This might have an impact of how dark the runway / taxiway looks for you but the landing lights and taxi lights effects dynamic lighting is what is causing the poor visibility in the first place.

I have fixed this issue for other users via custom jobs for many airplanes, mostly carenado GA airplanes which also implemente very low quantity of dynamic lighting causing similar issues.

s.

I understand you. But still - for me it is a new feature, which is obviously not compatible with a lot of third party addons. Yes, it is not bug as I thought for the first time, but it is not good for users. Seems like we dont fully agree with each other :). 

Via custom jobs you mean some payware modification by you? Or could I get to theese modification somehow?

7 minutes ago, Maverick24 said:

Via custom jobs you mean some payware modification by you? Or could I get to theese modification somehow?

Correct, some users got so irritated with Carenado since they didn't listen to their requirements that they decided to contact me instead to get their aircraft lighting sorted with custom designed effects.

Milviz is very good at support thought, why you don't contact him and ask him if he could increase the intensity of the landing / taxi lights for you? :wink:

Regards,
S.

Edited by simbol

1 minute ago, simbol said:

Correct, some users got so irritated with Carenado since they didn't listen to their requirements that they decided to contact me instead get their aircraft lighting sorted with custom designed effects.

Milviz is very good at support thought, why you don't contact him and ask him if he could increase the intensity of the landing / taxi lights for you? :wink:

Regards,
S.

And is there some place to buy it or just see the project info? It this possible for me? 

Who telling I did not contact them? Unfortunately this problem is relate to a few or many other addons, so I supposed that I can get quick and "larger" answers or solutions here. 

Milviz has its support forum and first mention with this problem is there since December 19th . I dont see anywhere some official answer for it - yes we know that and we will fix it / we will not fix it. Only answer I got so far is "turn off dynamic lights", that is all I know for now. I hope that I get some info to my second email too. I dont want to rush anybody, I understand it could be a complicated, just trying to get some informations.

6 minutes ago, Maverick24 said:

Milviz has its support forum and first mention with this problem is there since December 19th . I dont see anywhere some official answer for it - yes we know that and we will fix it / we will not fix it. Only answer I got so far is "turn off dynamic lights", that is all I know for now. I hope that I get some info to my second email too. I dont want to rush anybody, I understand it could be a complicated, just trying to get some informations.

How turning the dynamic lights off would help? this confuses me, maybe he mean turn then on? and do you have DL enabled?.

7 minutes ago, Maverick24 said:

And is there some place to buy it or just see the project info? It this possible for me? 

Unfortunately these were custom made effects for people that wished me to develop specifically for them, so they hired my services per hour or per Airplane, so these projects are not public as you might appreciate as they were developed specifically for each individual needs.. I will post a video here this weekend  showing the results with one of the Carenado airplanes as an example.

Regards,
S.