Sign in to follow this  
Maverick24

Taxi and landing lights are nearly invisible

15 minutes ago, simbol said:

How turning the dynamic lights off would help? this confuses me, maybe he mean turn then on? and do you have DL enabled?.

I dont know, I am not a pro. DL on = dont see a thing with taxi lights and see something more (depends on aircraft) with landing lights. DL off = see everything I need, but lights are ugly...

15 minutes ago, simbol said:

Unfortunately these were custom made effects for people that wished me to develop specifically for them, so they hired my services per hour or per Airplane, so these projects are not public as you might appreciate as they were developed specifically for each individual needs.. I will post a video here this weekend  showing the results with one of the Carenado airplanes as an example.

Totaly understand, no question:). 

2 hours ago, Bt103504 said:

I would definitely be interested in this video as well Simbol!

Here is one example:

Carenado C172SP default effects, the client in this case wanted to expand the distance on the far horizon of the taxi / landing lights as they are using a full motion simulator, which with the current effects do not show the lighting correctly, in addition due to his preferred shaders presets, the lights were showing very dim inside the simulator.

Default Effects:

Modified FSReborn Effects:

As the second video shows, the lights were adapted to be more visible over long distance.

Regards,
Simbol

• Like 1

@simbol, would you be able to share an example of your enhanced beacon or strobe effects? Those are what I'm most interested in at this time. I've got a few aircraft whose effects are.... underwhelming to say the least. Would love to see what you were able to accomplish on a small GA aircraft. 

Edited by Bt103504

5 minutes ago, Bt103504 said:

@simbol, would you be able to share an example of your enhanced beacon or strobe effects? Those are what I'm most interested in at this time. I've got a few aircraft whose effects are.... underwhelming to say the least. Would love to see what you were able to accomplish on a small GA aircraft. 

I released a freeware that add navs, beacons and strobes to all your AI traffic, I suggest you get it and have a look.

New light effects textures will be included for the professional edition which will be released this year :wink:.

S.

Light effect by simbol are just beautiful. I will consider buy if it will be public some time.

So that´s it? I have to get some other payware addon to make things right? Or what is some solution? I dont want to be rude or start some kind of flame, but I wrote on 4 forums already and noone helps with this problem. Just confirm it. 

Pay for another product, wait long time for some fix by developers or even longer time for some fix by P3D? That is all options I have? 

17 minutes ago, Maverick24 said:

Pay for another product, wait long time for some fix by developers or even longer time for some fix by P3D? That is all options I have? 

Maverick,

This is not P3D fault, I demonstrated these videos to make you and others understand this.

Locked Martin is providing already all the tools required for developers to deliver a better lighting system, but it is up to developers to exploit such features and capabilities as I demonstrated via these 2 videos.

As good faith for you, chose 1 airplane you want me to fix for you (each airplane takes me lot of hours of work), email me at support@fsreborn.com and I will do my best to help you, but with only one airplane, so choose wisely your favourite.

In return, I only want you to please spread the word of the power of P3D and why it is so important for 3rd party developers to be compliant with Lockheed Martin SDK guidelines as it prevents these issues you are suffering at the moment plus many others.

Kind Regards,

Simbol 

Edited by simbol

3 minutes ago, simbol said:

Maverick,

This is not P3D fault, I demonstrated these videos to make you and others understand this.

Locked Martin is providing already all the tools required for developers to deliver a better lighting system, but it is up to developers to exploit such features and capabilities as I demonstrated via these 2 videos.

As good faith for you, chose 1 airplane you want me to fix for you (each airplane takes me lot of hours of work), email me at support@fsreborn.com and I will do my best to help you, but with only one airplane, so choose wisely your favourite.

In return, I only want you to please spread the word of the power of P3D and why it is so important for 3rd party developers to be compliant with Lockheed Martin SDK guidelines as it prevents these issues you are suffering at the moment plus many others.

Kind Regards,

Simbol 

Simbol, you are very kind and I really apriciated it and thank you. You are one of the only a few people who are willingly talk to me. I think out your offer and send you a PM, is that ok?

What boders me is the fact that noone, milviz, flight one, carenado or lockheed do not confirm problem with lights and do not make a some statement about it. I think it´s not a small deal.

On the other hand, could be only some users who are having theese kind of problems. But in that case I think it could be solved on users side via some different settings, or it could be caused by some external aplication. 

I posted topic on lockheed P3D official forum and waiting for some answer. 

41 minutes ago, Maverick24 said:

What boders me is the fact that noone, milviz, flight one, carenado or lockheed do not confirm problem with lights and do not make a some statement about it. I think it´s not a small deal.

I understand your frustration, some developers are building their models to work with FSX and P3D at the same time without using the P3D SDK, causing these problems.

Locked Martin is not the one to blame here.

I sent you a response already, I will be in touch privately from now.

All the best

Simbol 

• Like 1

Having same issues moving from FSX to P3D recently. The lights seem so weak and don’t light up a thing.

Edited by DavidT811

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:08 AM, simbol said:

I work with effects, trust me.. this has nothing to do with P3D.

It is the intensity of the effects dynamic lighting of your selected airplanes which is too low.

S.

The C310R is using the bog stock fx_landing.fx file for the landing and taxi lights. They should have the same brightness as any stock aircraft in the sim.

As the main team member who developed the C310R, I can attest that the latest version of P3Dv4.5.12.3093 has lowered the level of light produced by the fx_landing.fx effect file. The team at P3D are informed of this and hopefully the next 4.5.12.xxxx beta will fix this issue.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:23 AM, Maverick24 said:

Only answer I got so far is "turn off dynamic lights", that is all I know for now.

As an interim "fix" go to the Options/Graphics/Lighting menu and kick the Brightness up to 2.0...

..then it should look like this:

FclH9.png

Fclx3.png

Fr. Bill    

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

As the main team member who developed the C310R, I can attest that the latest version of P3Dv4.5.12.3093 has lowered the level of light produced by the fx_landing.fx effect file. The team at P3D are informed of this and hopefully the next 4.5.12.xxxx beta will fix this issue.

Don't you mean version 4.5.13.32097 ?

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

12 minutes ago, Rogen said:

Don't you mean version 4.5.13.32097 ?

Yes, I mistyped 12 instead of 13... :blush:

Fr. Bill    

3 hours ago, n4gix said:

The C310R is using the bog stock fx_landing.fx file for the landing and taxi lights. They should have the same brightness as any stock aircraft in the sim.

Landing and taxi lights using the effect fx_landing.fx will be internally hard codded in the Sim. and it doesn't matter how much you edit the fx_landing.fx file, it will be ignored.. it is a PITA.. 

The best approach is to create your own effect for the lighting and use that instead. This is what other developers are doing as that way you can set the intensity as you desire and avoid the issues discussed on this topic.

S.