Maverick24

Taxi and landing lights are nearly invisible

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

after an update P3Dv4 to a latest version I noticed that night flying is impossible, because aircraft taxi and landing lights are nearly invisible. Or mainly the taxi lights, but I think landing lights should be a little stronger either. I tried everything I find on forums: set MOON_PHASE_LIGHTING=0 or to false, set MAX_POINT_LIGHTS=800 MAX_SPOT_LIGHTS=700 (from 250), tried play with dynamic light, lens flare and cloud cast and nothing works. 

Same situation with default Mooney, or Milviz cessna 310R. Example:

Milviz cessna taxi lights OFF:

https://prnt.sc/mjmzu3

 

Milviz cessna taxi light ON:

https://prnt.sc/mjn096

 

Sorry for the colours, but is the best I can do with a lightshot. I think the difference is noticable.

Can someone please help me with this?

 

Thank you

 

Jiri

 

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Following since I too can hardly see anything while taxiing at night with V4.4.

Share this post


Link to post

Jiri,

This is due to how the aircraft has implemented the landing / taxi light effects. Nothing to do with P3D.

Regards,
S.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

As I wrote higher - it happened with different planes. And as I wrote on other topics or forums, some users experiencing same thing. So I do think is the P3D problem, especialy it happened after I updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Maverick24 said:

As I wrote higher - it happened with different planes. And as I wrote on other topics or forums, some users experiencing same thing. So I do think is the P3D problem, especialy it happened after I updated.

I work with effects, trust me.. this has nothing to do with P3D.

It is the intensity of the effects dynamic lighting of your selected airplanes which is too low.

S.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I've noticed different light densities depending on the ground/apron textures. Are you having the same result on concrete, asphalt textures at default airports? Your image appears to be an addon airport. Orbx Friday Harbor?

Edited by BillS511

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, simbol said:

this has nothing to do with P3D.

Precisely. If that was the case, i would not be seeing a taxiway as clear as mud with, e,g CS' 757-200v3.

Edited by vc10man

Share this post


Link to post

@Maverick24
I believe the ground splash beam is hard coded in the aircraft .mdl file.

Also have you tried this? In sim key commands. Moving the light beam upward? Landing light (tilt up) Shift + Ctrl + Num 8

Landing light (center) Shift + Ctrl + Num 5
Landing light (tilt down) Shift + Ctrl + Num 2
Landing light (tilt left) Shift + Ctrl + Num 4
Landing light (tilt right) Shift + Ctrl + Num 6
Landing light (tilt up) Shift + Ctrl + Num 8

http://uraster.com/en-us/articles/prepar3dcompletecommandslist.aspx

Share this post


Link to post

Fantastic find, Bill. Is there one for the DCS simulator?

Share this post


Link to post

 

21 hours ago, simbol said:

I work with effects, trust me.. this has nothing to do with P3D.

It is the intensity of the effects dynamic lighting of your selected airplanes which is too low.

S.

It´s not about trusting you, I believe you, but I pointing a one thing - it happened after update so something had to change and I ask what. What changed that I cannot see a thing with taxi lights on default or payware aircraft? What can I do?

 

20 hours ago, BillS511 said:

I've noticed different light densities depending on the ground/apron textures. Are you having the same result on concrete, asphalt textures at default airports? Your image appears to be an addon airport. What addon is this?

Freeware orbx airport, default aiport, other freeware addon, everything is the same.

16 hours ago, BillS511 said:

@Maverick24
I believe the ground splash beam is hard coded in the aircraft .mdl file.

Also have you tried this? In sim key commands. Moving the light beam upward? Landing light (tilt up) Shift + Ctrl + Num 8

Landing light (center) Shift + Ctrl + Num 5
Landing light (tilt down) Shift + Ctrl + Num 2
Landing light (tilt left) Shift + Ctrl + Num 4
Landing light (tilt right) Shift + Ctrl + Num 6
Landing light (tilt up) Shift + Ctrl + Num 8

http://uraster.com/en-us/articles/prepar3dcompletecommandslist.aspx

I tried this and nothing changes. 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Maverick24 said:

It´s not about trusting you, I believe you, but I pointing a one thing - it happened after update so something had to change and I ask what. What changed that I cannot see a thing with taxi lights on default or payware aircraft? What can I do?

LM implemented moon phases, so there are nights that are more darker than others. This might have an impact of how dark the runway / taxiway looks for you but the landing lights and taxi lights effects dynamic lighting is what is causing the poor visibility in the first place.

I have fixed this issue for other users via custom jobs for many airplanes, mostly carenado GA airplanes which also implemente very low quantity of dynamic lighting causing similar issues.

s.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/12/2019 at 3:16 PM, simbol said:

LM implemented moon phases, so there are nights that are more darker than others. This might have an impact of how dark the runway / taxiway looks for you but the landing lights and taxi lights effects dynamic lighting is what is causing the poor visibility in the first place.

I have fixed this issue for other users via custom jobs for many airplanes, mostly carenado GA airplanes which also implemente very low quantity of dynamic lighting causing similar issues.

s.

I understand you. But still - for me it is a new feature, which is obviously not compatible with a lot of third party addons. Yes, it is not bug as I thought for the first time, but it is not good for users. Seems like we dont fully agree with each other :). 

Via custom jobs you mean some payware modification by you? Or could I get to theese modification somehow?

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Maverick24 said:

Via custom jobs you mean some payware modification by you? Or could I get to theese modification somehow?

Correct, some users got so irritated with Carenado since they didn't listen to their requirements that they decided to contact me instead to get their aircraft lighting sorted with custom designed effects.

Milviz is very good at support thought, why you don't contact him and ask him if he could increase the intensity of the landing / taxi lights for you? :wink:

Regards,
S.

Edited by simbol

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, simbol said:

Correct, some users got so irritated with Carenado since they didn't listen to their requirements that they decided to contact me instead get their aircraft lighting sorted with custom designed effects.

Milviz is very good at support thought, why you don't contact him and ask him if he could increase the intensity of the landing / taxi lights for you? :wink:

Regards,
S.

And is there some place to buy it or just see the project info? It this possible for me? 

Who telling I did not contact them? Unfortunately this problem is relate to a few or many other addons, so I supposed that I can get quick and "larger" answers or solutions here. 

Milviz has its support forum and first mention with this problem is there since December 19th . I dont see anywhere some official answer for it - yes we know that and we will fix it / we will not fix it. Only answer I got so far is "turn off dynamic lights", that is all I know for now. I hope that I get some info to my second email too. I dont want to rush anybody, I understand it could be a complicated, just trying to get some informations.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Maverick24 said:

Milviz has its support forum and first mention with this problem is there since December 19th . I dont see anywhere some official answer for it - yes we know that and we will fix it / we will not fix it. Only answer I got so far is "turn off dynamic lights", that is all I know for now. I hope that I get some info to my second email too. I dont want to rush anybody, I understand it could be a complicated, just trying to get some informations.

How turning the dynamic lights off would help? this confuses me, maybe he mean turn then on? and do you have DL enabled?.

7 minutes ago, Maverick24 said:

And is there some place to buy it or just see the project info? It this possible for me? 

Unfortunately these were custom made effects for people that wished me to develop specifically for them, so they hired my services per hour or per Airplane, so these projects are not public as you might appreciate as they were developed specifically for each individual needs.. I will post a video here this weekend  showing the results with one of the Carenado airplanes as an example.

Regards,
S.

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, simbol said:

How turning the dynamic lights off would help? this confuses me, maybe he mean turn then on? and do you have DL enabled?.

I dont know, I am not a pro. DL on = dont see a thing with taxi lights and see something more (depends on aircraft) with landing lights. DL off = see everything I need, but lights are ugly...

15 minutes ago, simbol said:

Unfortunately these were custom made effects for people that wished me to develop specifically for them, so they hired my services per hour or per Airplane, so these projects are not public as you might appreciate as they were developed specifically for each individual needs.. I will post a video here this weekend  showing the results with one of the Carenado airplanes as an example.

Totaly understand, no question:). 

Share this post


Link to post

I would definitely be interested in this video as well Simbol!

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Bt103504 said:

I would definitely be interested in this video as well Simbol!

Here is one example:

Carenado C172SP default effects, the client in this case wanted to expand the distance on the far horizon of the taxi / landing lights as they are using a full motion simulator, which with the current effects do not show the lighting correctly, in addition due to his preferred shaders presets, the lights were showing very dim inside the simulator.

Default Effects:

Modified FSReborn Effects:

As the second video shows, the lights were adapted to be more visible over long distance.

Regards,
Simbol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

@simbol, would you be able to share an example of your enhanced beacon or strobe effects? Those are what I'm most interested in at this time. I've got a few aircraft whose effects are.... underwhelming to say the least. Would love to see what you were able to accomplish on a small GA aircraft. 

Edited by Bt103504

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Bt103504 said:

@simbol, would you be able to share an example of your enhanced beacon or strobe effects? Those are what I'm most interested in at this time. I've got a few aircraft whose effects are.... underwhelming to say the least. Would love to see what you were able to accomplish on a small GA aircraft. 

I released a freeware that add navs, beacons and strobes to all your AI traffic, I suggest you get it and have a look.

New light effects textures will be included for the professional edition which will be released this year :wink:.

S.

Share this post


Link to post

Light effect by simbol are just beautiful. I will consider buy if it will be public some time.

So that´s it? I have to get some other payware addon to make things right? Or what is some solution? I dont want to be rude or start some kind of flame, but I wrote on 4 forums already and noone helps with this problem. Just confirm it. 

Pay for another product, wait long time for some fix by developers or even longer time for some fix by P3D? That is all options I have? 

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Maverick24 said:

Pay for another product, wait long time for some fix by developers or even longer time for some fix by P3D? That is all options I have? 

Maverick,

This is not P3D fault, I demonstrated these videos to make you and others understand this.

Locked Martin is providing already all the tools required for developers to deliver a better lighting system, but it is up to developers to exploit such features and capabilities as I demonstrated via these 2 videos.

As good faith for you, chose 1 airplane you want me to fix for you (each airplane takes me lot of hours of work), email me at support@fsreborn.com and I will do my best to help you, but with only one airplane, so choose wisely your favourite.

In return, I only want you to please spread the word of the power of P3D and why it is so important for 3rd party developers to be compliant with Lockheed Martin SDK guidelines as it prevents these issues you are suffering at the moment plus many others.

Kind Regards,

Simbol 

Edited by simbol

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, simbol said:

Maverick,

This is not P3D fault, I demonstrated these videos to make you and others understand this.

Locked Martin is providing already all the tools required for developers to deliver a better lighting system, but it is up to developers to exploit such features and capabilities as I demonstrated via these 2 videos.

As good faith for you, chose 1 airplane you want me to fix for you (each airplane takes me lot of hours of work), email me at support@fsreborn.com and I will do my best to help you, but with only one airplane, so choose wisely your favourite.

In return, I only want you to please spread the word of the power of P3D and why it is so important for 3rd party developers to be compliant with Lockheed Martin SDK guidelines as it prevents these issues you are suffering at the moment plus many others.

Kind Regards,

Simbol 

Simbol, you are very kind and I really apriciated it and thank you. You are one of the only a few people who are willingly talk to me. I think out your offer and send you a PM, is that ok?

What boders me is the fact that noone, milviz, flight one, carenado or lockheed do not confirm problem with lights and do not make a some statement about it. I think it´s not a small deal.

On the other hand, could be only some users who are having theese kind of problems. But in that case I think it could be solved on users side via some different settings, or it could be caused by some external aplication. 

I posted topic on lockheed P3D official forum and waiting for some answer. 

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Maverick24 said:

What boders me is the fact that noone, milviz, flight one, carenado or lockheed do not confirm problem with lights and do not make a some statement about it. I think it´s not a small deal.

I understand your frustration, some developers are building their models to work with FSX and P3D at the same time without using the P3D SDK, causing these problems.

Locked Martin is not the one to blame here.

I sent you a response already, I will be in touch privately from now.

All the best

Simbol 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now