Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

WMKK installed into p3dv4.4

Hi, I would like to install my copy of A_A_Sceneries WMKK into P3dv4.4 and would like to hear if anybody is using it? what is the best way to install it? as it certainly doesn't look like it will be updated for V4 or is it worth it at all in V4.

Cheers Rod.

• Upvote 1

Rod,

I'm using it -- it works ok. I used the addon.xml method. I installed it into a dummy FSX install folder, so it would be clear exactly what components needed to be added (if you're not used to working with addon.xml this will seem a bit confusing and overwhelming, but if you've done it before it's really not):

Scenery
Kuala Lumpur International
WMKK_FSX_Landclass
WMKKtunnel

Effects
(two .fx files and associated textures in texture folder)

SimObjects
Misc/WMKK_container

Within the KL International scenery, you want to make sure that you keep the LightCone and RainEffect folder contents OUT of the main folder -- they don't work.

I use GSX v2 and also have modified Jetway_Bridge.BGL and SatelliteTerminalJetway_Bridge_interior.BGL files to make it compatible with GSX jetways. Let me know if you're interested and I can PM you those files.

James

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Excellent James thanks so much, I can sort of deal with xml files, I think, the GSX bit confuses me so if you could PM me the files that would be great.

Cheers Rod 

On 2/12/2019 at 3:32 AM, honanhal said:

Rod,

I'm using it -- it works ok. I used the addon.xml method. I installed it into a dummy FSX install folder, so it would be clear exactly what components needed to be added (if you're not used to working with addon.xml this will seem a bit confusing and overwhelming, but if you've done it before it's really not):

Scenery
Kuala Lumpur International
WMKK_FSX_Landclass
WMKKtunnel

Effects
(two .fx files and associated textures in texture folder)

SimObjects
Misc/WMKK_container

Within the KL International scenery, you want to make sure that you keep the LightCone and RainEffect folder contents OUT of the main folder -- they don't work.

I use GSX v2 and also have modified Jetway_Bridge.BGL and SatelliteTerminalJetway_Bridge_interior.BGL files to make it compatible with GSX jetways. Let me know if you're interested and I can PM you those files.

James

Good tip regarding the lightcone and  raineffect files. I too would be interested in those modified files for the jetways if it’s not too much trouble.. 😁

regards, Andy

MSFS/P3Dv4.5/| i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |32GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for sim, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |

Here another one that would be interested in having those BGL files!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Hello Honanhal,

can you also send me these files in PM please. thanks for the good work.

Gerard

Is there a "better" afcad for the airport out there somewhere? I have had the scenery working for a while and it's pretty good. There are a few issues but no deal breakers but the afcad needs a little work.