Sign in to follow this  
lownslo

The Cessna C170B has been released!

Installed in FSX

Initial impression after a few trips around the pattern. The usual beautiful Alabeo/Carenado modeling and textures. Handles nicely and seems to fly by the numbers according to the documentation provided.

Glitches:

Oil Pressure: Pegged off the high side of the gauge at all times off idle

Oil Temperature: Runs very high even in cooler temperatures

Cylinder Heat Temp: Runs cool, at the very bottom or below the green band

"Carb Temperature Gauge": Stuck in the yellow band

Ammeter: I don't believe it's working correctly, if at all and when the panel lights are turned on, the gauge pops out a few millimeters(???).

With my limited knowledge I was able to fix the oil temp and CHT through the air file. No adjustments would bring the oil pressure down. I have no idea what value, if any, would adjust the "carb temp".

-Bob

I agree with Bob, looks terrific and flies well. But the bugs are many. I have the same issues as Bob, but is anyone seeing these?

Flaps will not move unless the master is on. Odd, as the flaps are mechanically moved with a lever.

When I open the pilot's side window, the frame moves out correctly. However, all the glass panels move out of the plane and into space at the same angle that the frame moves! The copilot's window frame rotates INTO the plane. The landing light lens moves above the wing, and the opposite side glass rotates down and out of the plane. Close the window and all the glass returns to it's correct position. Open the opposite window, it works in exactly the reverse. I have never seen this in any other simulation.

My stall warning light does not illuminate in the stall.

I will report if I find any more.

JCH

Edit: Just finished flying a trip, and yes, the performance is spot on. ETE 1:15, ATE 1:15, est. fuel burn 10.1, actual 10.4. This was using Skyvector and book figures from an actual 170B manual.

But found some more issues;

Fuel selector will not move. It clicks, but no movement from off, though fuel does flow-engine runs.

Radios-knobs tune the active frequency, not the standby.

During slow taxi turns or very slow taxi my airplane starts bouncing-have to brake to a full stop to mitigate it.

Following up on Bob's issues:

Yes, ammeter pegged at 30.

Oil temp, almost top of green, tooltip shows 205, all the time.

Oil pressure pegged, tooltip shows 76psi.

Suction gauge pegged, tooltip shows 4.9.

Carb Temp stuck right at top of yellow arc.

I don't mean to nitpick, it is a very good simulation, but these little issues do distract from the realism and immersion factor. I hope they are fixed.

This is in FSX.

JCH

Edited by jchpa32
Follow up on issues found

To follow up on JCH's findings,

I'm seeing the exact same visual problems with window animations and glass that JCH is seeing. From external view, moving the left window out causes the landing light lens to displace, the opposite window moves in and the glass in both window frames displaces and a separate piece of glass appears behind the wing strut. Similar but reverse oddities appear with the opposite window open. 

2 hours ago, jchpa32 said:

I don't mean to nitpick, it is a very good simulation, but these little issues do distract from the realism and immersion factor. I hope they are fixed.

You are not nitpicking. This is a very simple plane with very few gauges. And half of them don't work or work incorrectly.

Floating, misplaced glass and window frames JCH mentioned...

Landing light lens displaced, both window frames moved to the right, glass displaced within window frames with a phantom piece of glass appearing behind the wing strut.

JbKZTaj.jpg

Right window frame moved in wrong direction, window displaced and phantom piece of glass below right door. Same but opposite effects with right window open.

yPTb9AE.jpg

I have almost all the Alabeo aircraft and 3/4th''s the Carenado but I have got to say,,,as simple "basic" of an aircraft as this is almost NOTHING works properly. I paid $25 for this beautiful looking aircraft. HOW DID IT EVER GET RELEASED???????????????????????????? If these items are not fixed I think for the first time am going to ask for my money back. VERY disappointed. But looks great

For all of the bugs that have been listed, I will either wait to see if there is a fix or pass on this one. The best thing each of you who have found these bugs can do is to submit support tickets to Alabeo with the bugs you have found. Once this is brought to their attention, hopefully they will respond positively and resolve them.

I am on Chemo and would kindly prefer to decline the bug list to Alabeo. I am capable of many mistakes, but would humbly ask if someone else could do it and be very thorough. Could that person please let us know that it was done. Thanks so much.

P.S. I have 24 Alabeo aircraft and 18 of them I fly frequently. So saying that, even though I have all the A2a aircraft, several Milviz, Aerosoft PBY and Otter, Just Flight C152 and Arrow's and all the RealAir Aircraft, my 18 frequently flown Alabeo's are just as important. IF you guys from Alabeo read these posts, PLEASE will you completely this time fix all the problems. This WOULD be one of my favorite Alabeo's and a pre-fix thanks.  Keith

I submitted my post as a ticket to Alabeo, and the response was:

Greetings,
Thanks you very much, I'll send this report to the dev department to fix this for the next package.
Regards

Alabeo.

Bob, thanks for posting the pictures. I couldn't figure out how to do it.  Nice to know I am not the only one seeing the issue with the glass.

JCH

I see that this aircraft is on offer at the moment, and I'm tempted. Can anyone tell me whether the faults mentioned were ever fixed?

Thanks,

David

1 hour ago, dhasdell said:

I see that this aircraft is on offer at the moment, and I'm tempted. Can anyone tell me whether the faults mentioned were ever fixed?

Thanks,

David

According to this thread below, most if not all issues were fixed by a v1.1 and v1.2 release.

Frank Safranek - Alphasim/Virtavia Paint Crew

m4fs_banner.jpg