Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

PayloadManagerX in P3D 4.4: several problems

Hello @ll,

it looks like P3D version 4.4 changed the sequence in which the 3D models are processed that are attached to each other

1. This causes the "Latch" in the aerial refueling feature to lag behind - leaving a gap between the tanker drogue and the aircraft probe. This gap increases with the speed at which the tanker travels. This does not happen in P3D 4.3 with the identical PMX version.
    I was able to do something about this in PMX version 0.98, which is available for download now. It is not perfect, but an improvement. You may have to reduce the "random movement while latched" parameters, if you have that activated.
  2. Some models that you attach to the aircraft will show the same lag, or they may be rendered over the model enclosing them (so you can see passengers drawn over the walls of the aircraft etc.)

For the time being, the PayloadManagerX must be considered to be (in part) incompatible with P3D V4.4. 

I have this problem with some other apps of mine too, so I have posted this issue on the P3D forums, but since I am not a member of their beta/3rd party developer inner group, I have no hopes that this will be addressed. The whole rendering of SimObjects seems to have changed in the last P3D versions. For example, the "flickering" of AI aircraft in unlimited FPS has become continuously worse from 4.0 to 4.4. And SimObjects are removed from the visual simulation far too eagerly when they are not in view, causing a reload when you look back at them (= black textures, gaps in particle effects, etc). That last one is not much of an issue when you always look straight ahead or only have fixed views. But with TrackIR or in VR it is very annoying when you look away for a second and a 1000ft smoke column is just gone and the effect starts again from scratch.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver, thanks for pointing this out.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers