Sign in to follow this  
scdon

Posky 777-200ER with JB777 panel - No EICAS messages

Hi All,

I downloaded the 777-200ER ultimate pack for FSX-SE from rikooooo the other day. Everything is working great and after a bit of trouble initially, I managed to get the FMC working like a charm.

My only issue now is that I'm getting no messages on the EICAS. I have Engine data, Flap and Gear status, Temps, Fuel but no messages, cautions or warnings in the top right quadrant of the display. This applies to the VC as well as the 2D Panel.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Welcome to the AVSIM forum.  What type of warning messages are you looking for?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

4 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Welcome to the AVSIM forum.  What type of warning messages are you looking for?

Hi There, 

Thanks. 

I'm looking for the crew annunciation messages. APU GEN ON, Parking brakes set, speedbrakes armed, etc.

OK, I was just looking at the download and there was no mention of a JB777 panel.  Was this something you added  or was it actually part of the download?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

OK,  I have been downloading this one from the time of my last post.    I just oops-ed the download so had to restart it.  Over an hour for 298 MB.😡  This file, if in our Library or any of the 3 sites I use, would have been 15 seconds or less!

I'll report back! 

Charlie Aron

It took me around an hour too. It's throttled to 100kbps.

What 3 sites do you use, out of curiosity?

6 minutes ago, scdon said:

It took me around an hour too. It's throttled to 100kbps.

What 3 sites do you use, out of curiosity?

Here, obviously, Flightsim,com and SOH.

Charlie Aron

I seem to have every message ever invented!

777.JPG

Charlie Aron

Yup.. That's what I was expecting to see. Mine is blank. 

Anywhere I can start looking to troubleshoot?

2 minutes ago, scdon said:

Yup.. That's what I was expecting to see. Mine is blank. 

Anywhere I can start looking to troubleshoot?

Let's see a screenshot of what yours looks like.  Have you started engines or did you at least hit the APU start switch?

There is a thread in this forum about how to post images inside of your post.

Charlie Aron

Here's my 2D panel.

Engines are running, APU started. I've flown this plane many times now and have never seen any messages displayed.

777-2-D-Panel.png

Only thing that comes to mind that I may have and you don't might be a Boeing777-300.gau and MSVCR70.dll in my main Gauges folder for FSX.  There were a lot of folks downloading a freeware 777-300er aircraft and having no MFD or PDF displays lighting up if they didn't have those files.

Other than that, I'm stumped:wacko:

These 2 files:

gauges.JPG

Charlie Aron

Looking at the 2nd image, if as the OP claims Starboard Engine, is shut down, then why isn't the EICAS showing it and Packs, Hyd Press,etc  shut down for the  Right Engine like your image, Charlie? Or am I missing something here?