Sign in to follow this  
scdon

Posky 777-200ER with JB777 panel - No EICAS messages

14 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Looking at the 2nd image, if as the OP claims Starboard Engine, is shut down, then why isn't the EICAS showing it and Packs, Hyd Press,etc  shut down for the  Right Engine like your image, Charlie? Or am I missing something here?

I think it's because he doesn't have the 2 gauges that I have in my Main Gauges folder.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

40 minutes ago, charliearon said:

I think it's because he doesn't have the 2 gauges that I have in my Main Gauges folder.

That explains it.

One of the issues is that the download package comes with an installer so you just hit run and it does it all automatically. That's great from an ease of use standpoint, but it also means I don't get to understand where the various files are extracted to and what they should look like.

I managed to find the files in question from a United 777-200 and put them in the appropriate places but I'm still having the same issue. 

I noticed, there are two xml files named posky_eicas1 & posky_eicas2 inside the SimObjects\Airplanes\Boeing_777_200ER_OP\panel.777\posky777_glassgauge folder.

I note that they have all the text for the messages i'm looking for.

So the problem seems to be that the sim is unable to reference them in-game.

I'm a total novice on the filing structure and how they relate to each other, but maybe someone with more knowledge than me can point me in the right direction?

I don't trust the operation of auto-installers.  I make them install everything to a folder I create.  The I take the individual items and place them where they belong.  That folder you mentioned was in my panel folder like you described.

Have you tried verifying your game cache since you are running FSX-SE?

To verify your game files please do the following:

1. Load the Steam platform and log into your account
2. Click the Library tab in the menu at the top of the screen
3. Click the List View from the view options on the top right of the screen
4. Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition to bring up a popup menu
5. Click on Properties from the popup menu to bring up another popup box
6. Click on Local files from the popup box menu
7. Click on Verify integrity of game cache from the Local file options
8. Wait for the progress bar to finish verifying your files. Additional files may download
9. Restart Steam
10. Restart Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Ok, done that.

No problems found and no improvement when I loaded the game again.

I uninstalled and downloaded FSX again... the only change is that now the Radio stack on the default 737 and 747 is black...I installed the 777 along with the 777-300.gau and msvcr70.dll again and...you guessed it, still have the original issue.

I've now uninstalled FSX AND Steam and I am currently waiting for FSX to finish downloading again.

After that, my only solution is going to be a clean windows install or to nuke my PC from orbit haha

It's such a small thing but it is just going to bug me until I can fix it.

Good Luck!  I'm out of ideas.

Charlie Aron

There is one possible thing?
The difference between Charlie's example pics and yours is that Charlie does not have the EICAS selector panel (upper right) selected to anything. (an auto mode override?)
Whereas in your pics you have the center selection "LWR CTR" turned on.
Does that not send any EICAS messages to the lower center EICAS screen?  Of which is not visible in the panel.

Do not have this plane/panel - just observations from the posts above.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

@spokes2112

Sharp eyes, sir!:biggrin:

Charlie Aron

As soon as I uploaded that photo and saw the difference I knew someone would bring it up. 😂

Alas, I've tried the selector panel in every configuration possible. Still no messages.

Edited by scdon

ok, I've had some progress.

I decided to look into the aircraft panel.cfg

I found the following section

gauge20=b777eicas!eicas200LR,          1340, 632, 350, 341
gauge21=b777serv!eicasStatus,         1544, 633, 142, 145
gauge22=b777newFP!GearWidePanel,      1732,590,188,490

Of particular interest is the line reading: gauge21=b777serv!eicasStatus,         1544, 633, 142, 145

This leads to a file in the panel.777 folder called b777serv.dll

I know the other 2 lines relate to the working parts of that display, and I know that there are 2 xml files that have the messages I want.

I edited this line and inserted what I believed was the path to one of the two xml files named posky_eicas1 inside the SimObjects\Airplanes\Boeing_777_200ER_OP\panel.777\posky777_glassgauge folder

I edited the panel.cfg so that it read: 

gauge21=posky777_glassgauge!posky_eicas1,         1544, 633, 142, 145

And when I loaded up the sim.. this is what I saw on the 2d panel

777-2d-panel-with-edited-panel-cfg-file.

So I've linked it to the wrong place but at least I know that is the gauge in question. Now I just need to find out where the messages are or if that b777serv.dll contains what I need but is broken somehow.

Also, if anyone could tell me what those numbers at the end of each line relate to, that would be great.

Edited by scdon

Does anyone else with FSX-SE get a windows installer and simconnect install window, every time the start the game.

Simconnect.png

I've read in other places that a corrupted simconnect can cause issues with the b777serv.dll file.

Just throwing another question out there which might be relevant (I don't know): Are you running FSX:SE with the DX10 Fixer or just using default DX9?

I have the POSKY 777 and JB panel (running DX10 with the Fixer) but I also do not have the warnings, but I've just been living with it all this time 😒 Sorry!

Edited by HighBypass
DX10

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I'm just running the default DX9, I believe.

I'm the same in just living with it.