Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Chaseplane Motion Effects for Jetliners

43 minutes ago, bbain1187 said:

I wish Chaseplane would link up to Active Sky the way EZDOK v3 apparently does to give you realistic turbulence effects. I've tried playing with the 'wind' setting, but had the same problem the OP has. It's either always on or always off. I wish it would communicate with AS and shake the camera around only when in turbulent or choppy conditions. 

Ben 

Perhaps you should post your request on the ChasePlane forum, Kevin the developer is pretty good about responding.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

I used to be an ezdok guy right when I got back into simming.  Then I made the switch to CP and really like it.  However, this ezdok feature interests me.  Without opening a can of worms, what are some pros and cons of this new ezdok3 compared to chaseplane?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

It's pretty awesome to see turbulence in EZdok v3.  It was good in V2, even better now.  It also works with FSGRW, but they don't mention that in their marketing.

Want realistic motion effects look at EZdok 3

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Motion effects and turbulence effects are one of the things I cannot get right with Chaseplane - as much as I love the other camera features and UI.  It never seems realistic.  For this reason I have decided to get EZDOK3.  I was really impressed with what is possible in this regard.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I had a good look at my setting for FSL/NG and here is how I set them up.

For Views from the Captain's seat. When you go into the effects, setting for the left four setting I use (left to right) 3 /2.5 /1 /0.5, then on the right, the ground is set to 1.5 and wind 2.0. Within the ground "tune" options I set all 3 to 1.5. I use the default setting in the wind tune options and all other settings to default like breathing etc. In the flight, I did last night in cruise with a 50kt wind the cockpit moves around nicely.

I have MCP/radio views with no effects at all.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

The thing is that the strength of wind doesn't determine how much turbulence you get. You can have a 150-knot tailwind and be smooth as butter or be getting beat up in light winds. That's why it should talk to ActiveSky. I'll post on their forums later if I have time. 

Ben 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

17 hours ago, bbain1187 said:

The thing is that the strength of wind doesn't determine how much turbulence you get. You can have a 150-knot tailwind and be smooth as butter or be getting beat up in light winds. That's why it should talk to ActiveSky. I'll post on their forums later if I have time. 

Ben 

Ben,

I think that's a very good/valid point.

Once I see it working with FSL and a few videos am sure I will give v3 a try. I want the best and personly don't care if that CP or EZDOZ, I loved v1 back in the day. CP is so user-friendly. Looking forward to seeing more of v3 in action.

Competition is so good for us. First, we had EZDOC v1, then CP and EZDOC said it was a rip off of there v1, now we have EZDOC v3 with a UI looking just like CP, lol. 

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Did you guys read the manual?

The wind option is meant to be 0 inside the cockpit, it's meant to simulate wind in open cockpit aircraft, you aren't going to be feeling any wind inside a closed cockpit.

The first 3 are the ones that make the most difference, as they affect how the plane reacts to G-Forces from turbulence, wind, etc.

Setting the first three sliders to 3.0 gives me the effect I like, turbulence is a lot more noticeable, and it's not too sensitive to manual inputs.I found the defaults of 1.0 way too weak, but again this varies with person.

Anyone managed to get lateral and longitudinal shaking effects upon turbulence? All I get occasionally is only vertical shaking, and I miss so much the other movements. Tried messing X Y Z sliders to no avail.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

8 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Anyone managed to get lateral and longitudinal shaking effects upon turbulence? All I get occasionally is only vertical shaking, and I miss so much the other movements. Tried messing X Y Z sliders to no avail.

I never got the effects I wanted from CP. Ez working with AS effects seems real to me. I stay in the cockpit so turbulence effects are very important to me. 

• Like 3

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

On 7/9/2019 at 9:06 AM, reecemj said:

I never got the effects I wanted from CP. Ez working with AS effects seems real to me. I stay in the cockpit so turbulence effects are very important to me. 

That's the way it is to me too, I stay 99% of the time in the cockpit, so it's time to move onto EZDOK. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto