Sign in to follow this  
eslader

Little help with airport files?

P3dv4. Using fsaerodata updated airports, both the global and the N. America ones. I also have Flightbeam's KMSP scenery.

It's acting like there are duplicate airport files for KMSP, because ATIS is returning twice the number of runways that actually exist at KMSP, and the extra runways are a degree off of the correct ones (i.e, I have 30L and 30R, and 29L and 29R).

I ran Scruffy Duck's airport finder, and it found the fsaerodata files for KMSP but did not see the default files for it, or the Flightbeam files.

It's odd because I have most of Flightbeam's other airports, and none of them exhibit these problems. Everything was installed on the same day after I had to reinstall the entire sim following a Windows self-destruction.

I'm not good at all with scenery files, so what should my next steps be for getting rid of these non-existant runways?

Thanks all.

First place I would start would be to open your Flightbeam Manager. Then click on the Troubleshooting tab and have it run a scan. It will tell you if it finds any conflicting scenery files and will allow you to turn off their .BGL's from within the application. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

KMSP is (also) in p3d\scenery\namc so PWJT8D is probably correct with the requirement for flightbeam manager to disable the original .bgl(s).

I double checked in case I forgot to do that this last install, but the FTX_Vector_apt\scenery\ABP_KMSP.bgl file is deactivated. That's the only conflicting KMSP file the Flightbeam manager found, too.

I found Minneap.bgl in \NAMC\, but I thought that included the whole area. Should I rename that to .bgl.off like the Flightbeam manager did for the Vector file?

Edited by eslader

What weather engine are you using? Maybe you need to update the Nav data for that as well?

Just athought. Hope it helps.

Jesse

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

Active Sky, but I just did a test without running AS at all and still saw that rwys 30L, 30R, 31L, 31R, and 32L, and 32R were in use. KMSP's actual runways in question are only 30L and R. 

BTW, just to be totally clear since my original post probably wasn't, ATC is the *only* thing effected. Visually the runways are correct. There are no duplicate runways or taxiway signs like you often see when 2 scenery files are conflicting.

You did not mention it, are you using any AI Traffic programs?

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

1 hour ago, eslader said:

I found Minneap.bgl in \NAMC\, but I thought that included the whole area. Should I rename that to .bgl.off like the Flightbeam manager did for the Vector file?

Don’t ever disable default files such as the one you listed. You’re correct that the Minneap.bgl include other scenery items beside the airpoart.

What happens if you disable the fsaerodata file that Scruff Duck round?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hmm. Disabling that seems to have made it worse, as now I have runways 34, 33, 32R, 32L, 31R, 31L, 30L, and 30R being called out by ATIS.

I'm quite confused now.

And @PWJT8D no, sorry I should have mentioned. Stock AI traffic, stock ATC.

Edited by eslader