Sign in to follow this  
SP2472

Back from Storage

Back from Storage...I almost forgot about this stunning aircraft!
This is a VolDirect flight from Rennes, France to Munich, Germany for a 3.5+ hour flight covering 540 miles.Departure 10:30 AM. Sorry about the lack of airport scenes, don't have the payware facilities.
CodPhLO.jpg

mq6rIWA.jpg

cNkxzIJ.jpg

eDdD99W.jpg

lEPsSKQ.jpg

zlJ9Kxc.jpg

yWNBF5Z.jpg

VSfYsuh.jpg

v9OaLmh.jpg

QLNQ1qU.jpg

Thanks for viewing, Darryl

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

***Impressive series*** 

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

The "Swiss Army Knife" of aircraft.  There is an airline called Bearskin Airlines in Ontario that used to fly the Pilatus, now they fly the Fairchild Metro which I have flown on what used to be one of the shortest scheduled airline routes, between Oakland and SFO and back.  I booked the route just to say I flew on such a short route, another I flew was between Burlington VT and Plattsburgh NY.  I flew a flight between LAX and Oxnard, and one between LAX and San Diego, that sums up my shortest turboprop flights other than some flights I took in Michigan on a series of hops from O'Hare into Pellston Michigan, the closest I ever came to a crash landing due to fog and low fuel in the Beech propjet I was on.  I was not even supposed to be on that flight, I was called from home way back in Napa California for a systems implementation emergency, one of our leads got sick and had to go home and I had to replace her so we could complete our implementation on behalf of IBM and Holiday Inn.  We remained good friends because of how I helped her and the work she was doing with the client, in Gaylord Michigan.

My shortest jet hop was between Zurich and Geneva in a wide body 767 of all aircraft, we took off from Zurich, and the pilot came on the horn for us pax and told us we could move from our assigned seats to the port side of the aircraft so we could see the high Swiss Alps and the Bernese Oberland.  I swear the aircraft banked severely to port for a moment as all of us pax shifted the center of gravity to port, lol, but the pilot was on his toes and expected that.  That was way back in 89, on one of my eight tourist and business trips to Europe combined.  I had a 22 year lapse between trips, from my only business trip to Bologna from Phoenix to Pittsburgh to Frankfurt then on to Bologna, to my last trip non stop from Phoenix to Heathrow and back in May-June of 2017, for a month long Trafalgar tour (#simplytrafalgar) in 2017...

John