Sign in to follow this  
LTCSZ

Alaska For P3d V4.4?

Anyone know of a scenery file(s) that will add a bunch of remote cabins, float bases, etc to Alaska? I have UT Alaska installed...Freeware preferred (Not Misty Fjords Payware for now!)...I have searched individually with little luck...Thanks!

Steve

7 Miles NW of KGCK

21 minutes ago, LTCSZ said:

Anyone know of a scenery file(s) that will add a bunch of remote cabins, float bases, etc to Alaska? I have UT Alaska installed...Freeware preferred (Not Misty Fjords Payware for now!)...I have searched individually with little luck...Thanks!

http://return.mistymoorings.com/

• Like 2

I can second Misty Moorings.  Really fun additions and great bunch of guys and gals.

Danny

• Like 2

Danny

I'm also a huge fan of the Misty Moorings freeware. However, it should be noted that misty moorings does require some payware to work correctly. For their Blue Wave Energy Partners freeware (one of their prominent Alaska scenery packages), you would need ORBX Southern Alaska, ORBX Global, ORBX Vector in order for everything to align correctly. Plus you wouldn't want to be using 3rd party mesh software such as Ultimate Terrain...

In essence if you're looking at freeware always be sure to read the readme files and requirements. Especially for high-quality freeware there could be payware addons that are required for it to look as intended.

I don't have Misty Moorings but I just followed the link to their website. I've got to say that their clear installation instructions put most payware vendors to shame. If their scenery is as detailed and thorough as their clear and easy to find installation instructions, it must be fantastic. I am going to give this a try after I get my new system built.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Highly recommended! They are currently refreshing all their scenery locations to work beautifully in p3d v4.4 I'd encourage you to go ahead and register on their site and utilize the support forums if you need anything. Much like here they are a great little community of flight simmers.

Again, please be sure to read the requirements on their getting started page to review all the necessary addons needed to for their scenery to work correctly. 

Can anyone confirm that Misty Moorings is compatible with 4.4? I have heard otherwise but have NO definitive proof.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

Can anyone confirm that Misty Moorings is compatible with 4.4? I have heard otherwise but have NO definitive proof.

Vic

I've used some of their scenery in V4.4. and had no problems..

Bert

1 hour ago, Bt103504 said:

I'm also a huge fan of the Misty Moorings freeware. However, it should be noted that misty moorings does require some payware to work correctly. For their Blue Wave Energy Partners freeware (one of their prominent Alaska scenery packages), you would need ORBX Southern Alaska, ORBX Global, ORBX Vector in order for everything to align correctly. Plus you wouldn't want to be using 3rd party mesh software such as Ultimate Terrain...

In essence if you're looking at freeware always be sure to read the readme files and requirements. Especially for high-quality freeware there could be payware addons that are required for it to look as intended.

Sure, your point is "To look as intended" and the requirements docs should tell you that... having said that, many addon sceneries can be quite effective even without all the prereqs.. just a matter of taste (and budget)..

A pipeline is probably more demanding than some floats, shacks, and campfires, though..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Works fine in 4.4 been using it for along time.  The Misty flying club is also a winner.  It gives you a reason to use their scenery by flying tours of the area.

Works Fantastic, Visit the site, as they are, as we speak, going through a major REFRESH of all scenery.  Massive Over Haul.

Each day scenery is refreshed, and updated.

RTMM works beautifully with P3Dv4.4.

Kind Regards

Brian (BJ from OZ)

Not freeware, but ORBX titles (including all of their Alaska titles) are 50% off now through the weekend.

• Like 2