Sign in to follow this  
Bob  Denny

Have my 650 license, lost my 750 license

I can't find any way to get a replacement 750 license key, nor can I find any link to any sort of customer support (not technical) on the RXP site. I can't even find an email address to send to. Somehow I deleted the 750 key which I thought I had stashed in the same place as the 650. I had it the last time I installed an update. I didn't get a F1 account, so the "wrapper service" is out. Submit a ticket takes me here. What now?

Edited by RXP

Can you not download the installer and install the Reality GTN using the F1 installer? I think That should reinstate your License. Done it many times. BTW, this is the RealityXP support site.

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bob Denny said:

I can't find any way to get a replacement 750 license key, nor can I find any link to any sort of customer support (not technical) on the RXP site. I can't even find an email address to send to. I'm an word not allowed, somehow I deleted the 750 key which I thought I had stashed in the same place as the 650. I had it the last time I installed an update.

PS the update process is bizarre. I keep forgetting that little "reinstall" button.... Oh well I guess they must have been bit bad by software theft. 

If you are truly a customer then just log into your F1 .com account.  Once there click on the button "View my F1 orders".  First, from the list of your orders find the order for your 750.  Make a note of the order number.  You will find a text introduction above your list of orders named "Products Assigned to your Account".  In the middle of the first paragraph there you will find a link to the "order activation page".  When there, enter the email address you used when you placed your order for the 750, followed by the order number in the box below that. That will get you on the winning road...  Then go back and use the reinstall method.  You will need your email address and F1 password for that process.

May be a headache, but it protects the product developer and that allows the developer to continue providing product updates that enhance our hobby,

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

When I bought it I didn't make a F1 account (like I said in my OP). I just realized that I have a backup of my game system in my safe from Septenber and that's the last time I updated the 650 and 750. I'm 99% certain that the keys will be on that backup. Thanks for the help though!!

Edited by RXP

Humm? How did you receive your original keys?  Mine came to the email address I provided as part of the order process.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi,

on the main RXP website, at the top right there is menu, one of which entry says: Store FAQ:

http://reality-xp.com/store/faq.html

It is all already answered there and has been answered there for decades now.

Just follow through the questions in the FAQ.

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Guess I'm confused. I know the keys are stored on the computer but if I ever needed to reinstall I just download the installer and use the F1 installers, reinstall, entering email and password. Never had an issue. One may have to add ore activations but thats simple.Never was able to reinstall and F1 purchased product from just the downloaded installer though.

-Like Jean Luc said. 🙂

Edited by Adrian123
  • Like 1

...it is all already answered there and has been answered there for decades now.

I did find the Store FAQ by the way. This didn't help much because I didn't create a F1 account when I bought the licenses (750 and 650). And that is a pretty snarky thing  to say to a paying customer. Sorry there @RXP. I guess I am just stupid.

OK I found all of my RXP info on the backup though. Whew. When I tried to install with the keys, that didn't work. I got a "keys activated too many times" error. After a hell of a lot of searching I found the place on the F1 site where you could refresh keys without the F1 account. That sent me an email with a link to a page where you enter order number "starting with CN" or something like that. . I found my Proof Of Purchase certs for each, used the big alpha numeric number shown, to no avail. Finally I discovered a small light red numeric order number in the upper right of the proof and that was the final piece of the puzzle. Success! Now I could go back and use the "reinstall", select your .key file for the 650 or 750, then the isntallation went through. In the end I was successful. 

PS: I have never moved the RXP to any other computer, and only done one "reinstall" (which is actually just installing an update like I was trying to do earlier tonight) last September. 

@RXP, given your sensitivity, the other snarky thing from @fppilot 

If you are truly a customer then just log into your F1 .com account.

(I started by saying I did not have a F1 account) and the extreme complexity of the licensing and updating system, I can only conclude that software piracy must have been a giant problem in the past. Having made my living as a professional software developer for years now (and not a corporate IBMer or anything like that), I'll say that the licensing system is as complex and arcane as any I have ever encountered. Just some feedback from a customer. 

I will end by saying that the product itself is totally brilliant, a very nice piece of software engineering in a complex environment. It brings a wonderful piece of realism to simulation. I'm looking forward to the new Garmin emulations I saw coming soon. 

Edited by RXP

Hi Bob,

I'm sorry the reinstallation process experience didn't match the experience you've had with the product once flying with it.

Please note my comment about our Store FAQ is only meant to give you the shortest path to the answer. In effect, the 'How do I reinstall my software' topic describes the alternative process using the purchase key and password which are given the first time you purchase, instead of using an account registered to our e-commerce procurement partner system.

In the end I'm glad you're now enjoying our product and thank you for your kind words.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:17 PM, RXP said:

Hi Bob,

I'm sorry the reinstallation process experience didn't match the experience you've had with the product once flying with it.

Please note my comment about our Store FAQ is only meant to give you the shortest path to the answer. In effect, the 'How do I reinstall my software' topic describes the alternative process using the purchase key and password which are given the first time you purchase, instead of using an account registered to our e-commerce procurement partner system.

In the end I'm glad you're now enjoying our product and thank you for your kind words.

I have a lot of sympathy with Bob re the challenging process of updating this software.

I purchased the 750/650 combination 2 weeks ago and discovered I needed an update today when I checked the plugin tab. It's not obvious that one needs to 'reinstall' the whole software when one is only trying to make an update to an existing purchase.

Perhaps a pinned description of the key steps for an update at the top of your RXP General Forum, i.e. it requires a reinstall,  would help to prevent others having to ask the question so many times?

BTW - love the products

Edited by smartharley

Not sure it could be any easier the simply running the installer and selecting reinstall... Not sure why the heck anyone would purchase from F1 and not make an account...

Edited by RXP

On 2/19/2019 at 8:39 PM, Robert Edwards said:

Not sure it could be any easier the simply running the installer and selecting reinstall... Not sure why the heck anyone would purchase from F1 and not make an account...

Perhaps because it's not obvious one would need to revisit F1 site to do an update? Hindsight is wonderful ...

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

On 2/19/2019 at 6:30 PM, smartharley said:

Perhaps a pinned description of the key steps for an update at the top of your RXP General Forum, i.e. it requires a reinstall,  would help to prevent others having to ask the question so many times?

Hi, thank you for suggestion. There is a knowledge base article on our website for this already, I've edited the 'release notes' discussions on each GTN and GNS forums with the link.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2019 at 3:29 AM, smartharley said:

Perhaps because it's not obvious one would need to revisit F1 site to do an update? Hindsight is wonderful ...

Smartharley.
Welcome.  I see you have just arrived at Avsim. This is a great place for exchange of simulator knowledge.  Glad to see you aboard.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
ASUS