Sign in to follow this  
Guest g0kmt

what will be your first flight in FSX?

1. I'll quickly cycle through the FS showpiece. The MS saved flights2. I'll then fly the default to all my current fav places (these are where I have add on sceneries now).8. Then the missions. :)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest jimkeir

Hi,Keen to see the missions here too.Okay, sub-thread then : What would be your top-ten mission wishlist?Cheers,Jim

Guest skruer

First a round trip from Copenhagen Airport to Heathrow Airport. Just to check out the graphics at first and then see the AI flow of traffic at Heathrow. Will spend most time using the VC and different view modes.After that I'll install AI traffic from ProjectAI (hope there will be some at FSX release). Later on checking news on DX10 and graphic screenshots from FSX :(

Guest dpc

I'll do the default first. Then my first X-country of my own will be...Default 172, from Nashua NH north across Lake Winnipisakee up to Moultonboro (5M3), over to Lake Ossippee and back to Nashua. Dave

Hmmm... How about when the DX10 patch is released? I read where the DX10 version will be many times faster than the original (DX9) released version. Or does it mean that we will just get the extras (like silver water and see-through clouds) at no loss of performance over the DX9 version but no overall increase in performance (increased framerates, for example). Either way, with time, FSX will be the greatest flight simulator for the PC ever released (with the right amount of CPU and videocard power that is still two years away).RH

Guest tdragger

>I'll assume this default flight will be included as the demo>default flight..Nope. Demo will have its own unique default.

>>I will start by maxing every setting (graphics, audio, atc>>etc) and see what sort of FPS i get.>>Ouch. Can't you wait a while? >>I'll be doing the same. Can I wait? Not really! :-lol

heh. Well, don't complain when it runs slow or you get blurries then. :) :)Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest tdragger

Not only will there be a Reset Default button but you will be able to save and load multiple settings profiles.

Guest Loiosh

Airbus flight from KDFW to KORD. Then all of the Flight Training. Then a lot of the missions that are cargo / PAX-based with heavy iron. Then any other missions that look interesting. Then FS Live Traffic and PMDG... and heaven.Then DX10 on my new Vista computer.

>Not only will there be a Reset Default button but you will be>able to save and load multiple settings profiles.Ok, that is just all kinds of awesome.

My first flight:Taking off from Manassas Regional in Northern Virginia, taking a few laps around to view the scenery, then heading the short distance to Dulles to get a bird's eye view of the airport and traffic. At this point, I'll probably do a touch and go or two, getting down low to get a good look at the AI airliners, and then head north to the Potomac river and head down towards DC, checking out my home town.After finding 395 and taking a visual tour of the Capital Mall, I'll land at Reagan National and start playing around with the times and seasons to see the differences.From then on out, it's all multiplayer fun and as many missions as I can create.