Sign in to follow this  
tttocs

Poor low altitude visibility in ASP4 with ASCA

[I posted this in the HiFi support forum yesterday, but thought I'd see if anyone had any ideas over here.]

I fly a lot in the US Southwest in areas that are typically very dry and often feature virtually unlimited visibility IRL but I seem to get a lot of low level haze even on days which should be "severe clear". Back in my FSX days with ASN/AS16 I don't recall having this issue. Some areas seem worse than others - for example I realized last night that I don't recall ever flying into KIDA (Idaho Falls) in anything other than murky conditions.

Any thoughts on settings to avoid this issue? I don't want to impact low-level vis on days which SHOULD feature haze, just to increase vis on dry days that should be clear.

Thanks,

Scott

Additional note:  I did a flight last night from KJAC to the new Orbx KSUN using historical wx for 7/7 of last year.  Very low humidity, high pressure and a few fair wx cumulus.  East of KIDA at 10,500' it looked like I was flying in the east on a humid summer day - a murky haze.  This is the region I flew GA in IRL, and it just shouldn't look like this.

I've been struggling with the same issue I think you are having its rather bothersome to me. I am testing right now at cyyz and the metar is for 10+ SM but I can just barely make out the skyscrapers which measuring on google maps is exactly 10 miles away. 

The funny thing is that there seem to be places that are consistently poor.  I mentioned the area around KIDA as one, another I've consistently noted is north of KMSO (Missoula MT).  Even on the clearest day, flying in from the north is always murky and then clears as you approach the city and continue south.

I did get a response on the HiFi forums which indicated this is something they were working on. 

Scott