Sign in to follow this  
michael nysus

P3D V4 CORRECT SCALE IN OCULUS VR FIX

Has anyone using EZDOK managed to change the scale yet?

i had a quick go changing the zoom of the EZCAM Virtual Cockpit entry at the top of the camera.cfg (from the default of 1 to 6.6) but this seemed to make no difference. 

i also tried adding the new entry to the bottom of the cfg, but EZDOK seems not to take account. 

I love the DYnamic head movement and the turbulence effects that EZDOK provides too much in VR to want to lose it to correct the cockpit scale. It’s a pity that P3D doesn’t provide a slider like FlyInside used to. 

beta.gif

On 2/14/2019 at 1:27 PM, michael nysus said:

Hi there, My name is Michael Nysus and I have a walk in, scratch built, Captain’s side flight deck. It includes a real life captain’s 737 Yoke. I have always thought that the P3D WORLD SCALE was way too small and after a long search I found the way to fix it. I did not come up with this...

Is it possible to set up it with different models (deifferent settings of this)?

I use it as global settings and it works well, but I noticed that for helicopters I need bigger zoom (Im still too large in VC).

This is topic about the same on LM Forum:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12281

http://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=135410

I have ChasePlane and it works great but zoom with CP has fish’s eye, so its a wrong way. Default view with initial zoom (like in cameras.cfg) works better.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Ok, I did test for specific but aircraft.cfg, for example

(before it was [CameraDefinition.9])

[CameraDefinition.10]
Title = VR Virtual Cockpit 
Guid = {bf99fb87-737f-4d00-bf65-c05d73face82}
Description = Virtual Cockpit view using a VR Headset.
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = No
SnapPbhAdjust = Ordinal
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Ordinal
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
<Property Name="Zoom" Value="3.0" />
InitialZoom = 0.2 // was 0.7
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = FALSE
ShowLensFlare = FALSE
PitchPanRate = 30
HeadingPanRate = 75
PanAcceleratorTime = 0
Category = VirtualReality
HmdType = VR
CycleHidden = Yes

It looks like doesnt work, I checked zoom 0,2 and 5, the view in VC is the same in helicopter :(.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

On 2/21/2019 at 5:15 PM, joepoway said:

Thanks for sharing this I’ll give the Lordy tool a look.

Joe

If you use WMR Headsets, then Daily OVR in the Steam Store is a great product to bring anything in VR as an overlay wihich can be positioned where you want. It looks like an EFB because you can scale it (smaller, larger). 

Also the mouse is usable, so I use Daily OVR with Webbrowser Google Chrome and Navigraph charts.....my EFB in every flightdeck!

Regards Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

How do I adjust the height please?

Edited by Boomer

spacer.png