Sign in to follow this  
PhillT

FSLabs A320 CFM: co-pilot does not everything he should

1 hour ago, PhillT said:

I didn't say that this is a general problem. MCE is a great software and really does its job. I believe that it works properly with others. But I am just curious why in my case it is so consequently different. I can reproduce it every single flight. And I think my PC is pretty okay (i7-4790K with 16 GB RAM, Nvidia  GeForce GTX 970).

For smooth operation, we recommend the following.

Leave Windows UAC at default settings (2 notches up the slider)

Install MCE to default C;\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ folder

Set "Prepar3D.exe", "fsx.exe" to run as administrator.

If using a launcher app to start the sim, set it to run as admin as well.

MCE (speech engine, FO audio and core MCE functionality) runs deliberately outside the simulator process for better stability of the latter.

In order to get data from the sim without interference from security software, Windows and other system permissions issues, the recommendation above will guarantee it will work every time as it should.

Issue with 10000 feet will be looked at anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Just to point out that this is not a general problem:

Sometimes there was no callout at all

Most likely cause for this (apart from MCE not reading data from the sim) is caused by FO not properly identifying flight phase.

For instance take off phase requires among other things, throttle position to be above a specific position.

If you have hardware throttles, make sure they are calibrated properly.

If this requires fine tuning, we'll be looking at it.

Eventually, disconnect joysticks and perform a takeoff using keyboard keys, then check Fo is making takeoff call-outs every time. If not, then there is some issue.

2 hours ago, FS++ said:

For smooth operation, we recommend the following.

Leave Windows UAC at default settings (2 notches up the slider)

Install MCE to default C;\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ folder

Set "Prepar3D.exe", "fsx.exe" to run as administrator.

If using a launcher app to start the sim, set it to run as admin as well.

MCE (speech engine, FO audio and core MCE functionality) runs deliberately outside the simulator process for better stability of the latter.

In order to get data from the sim without interference from security software, Windows and other system permissions issues, the recommendation above will guarantee it will work every time as it should.

Issue with 10000 feet will be looked at anyway.

my default settings:

• UAC set to off
  • MCE install path: confirmed
  • P3D as administrator: confirmed
  • launcher app: no launcher app
  • all security software off when sim is running

Software startup precedure when I start a sim session:

1. Windows 10 ... reboot
  2. Security Softwares (firewall, antivirus: Windows and 3rd party) ... off
  3. P3d ... run
  4. ActiveSky ... run
  5. vPilot ... run
  6. FSLabs A320 ... startup
  7. when A320 running ... MCE startup
  8. trackhat software ... run
  9. vPilot ... connect

Really , everything runs so smoothly, except the 10000 feet callout at exactly FL310 😄 

On 5/6/2019 at 10:11 PM, PhillT said:

I didn't say that this is a general problem. MCE is a great software and really does its job. I believe that it works properly with others. But I am just curious why in my case it is so consequently different. I can reproduce it every single flight. And I think my PC is pretty okay (i7-4790K with 16 GB RAM, Nvidia  GeForce GTX 970).

My post was in no way directed against you or your reports; sorry if it came across like that. I just wanted to help track down the issue.

23 hours ago, FS++ said:

Most likely cause for this (apart from MCE not reading data from the sim) is caused by FO not properly identifying flight phase.

For instance take off phase requires among other things, throttle position to be above a specific position.

If you have hardware throttles, make sure they are calibrated properly.

If this requires fine tuning, we'll be looking at it.

Eventually, disconnect joysticks and perform a takeoff using keyboard keys, then check Fo is making takeoff call-outs every time. If not, then there is some issue.

The rare absence of the 10.000 ft callout really is just a petty issue to me. Not worth the hassle troubleshooting for me.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 1

Just another report from my last flight (LOWW/EDDF):

• the V speed callouts came too early: I had V speeds 148/151/158, but the callouts "V1" came at about 130 knots and "rotate" at about 135 knots
  • The "passing 10.000" was at 30.800 this time

On 5/16/2019 at 8:44 PM, PhillT said:

Just another report from my last flight (LOWW/EDDF):

• the V speed callouts came too early: I had V speeds 148/151/158, but the callouts "V1" came at about 130 knots and "rotate" at about 135 knots
  • The "passing 10.000" was at 30.800 this time

Did you set the speeds in the MCE UI? I don't think MCE is able to read them from the MCDU.

1 hour ago, RALF9636 said:

Did you set the speeds in the MCE UI? I don't think MCE is able to read them from the MCDU.

Sounds plausible ... good point. I will check that. Thank you!

16 hours ago, PhillT said:

Sounds plausible ... good point. I will check that. Thank you!

The UI is one way of doing it.

The other way is to "assert them to FO".

You: Our v one is XXX

FO: confirm V one XXX

You: affirmative or yes

Do the same for vr and V2

After that he'll be in synch

• Like 1

Any news about the "crossing 10.000" callout at passing FL310? Since my original forum entry, I managed to deal with almost all the other items. But this strange "crossing 10.000" persists consequently on every flight, no matter under which conditions. It doesn't come on different altitudes by random - it's exactly (!) at FL 310... (and of course I am always on the latest software versions: P3D 4.5 hotfix, latest FSLabs A320, latest MCE)

As it is almost the only thing to complain about, I can live with it. But I am really curious if this can't be fixed. Any diagnostics I could do?

Greetings!