Sign in to follow this  
Gordon Hutchison

GTN into RealAir Duke B60? (resolved)

Hi guys,

Getting ready to purchase a RXP product for use on my favourite twin Realair Duke B60 v2 (piston), I would prefer to have a GTN750 unit although the Duke was never designed to take one?

Has anyone managed to panel intergrate the GTN into the Duke, or will I have to get the RXP GNS 530 for this aircraft?

Regards

Gordon

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Hi Gordon,

The Realair Dukes seems to be "different" from what other vendors do for GPS integration.  To date, I'm not sure anyone has been able to properly integrate the newer GNS 530/530 in, even though it directly supported the older RXP versions.  The closest done has been to replace the built-in 500 with an RXP 500. 

For the GTN's...?  The situation is even worse, since the B60 never supported any version.  If we can't even get panel integration to work with the new GNS' units, I can't imagine getting any reasonable panel integration to work for the GTN's - and believe me, a lot of us have tried.

Scott

Edited by tttocs
  • Like 1

If you have the Turbine Duke you can integrate both in very nicely.

• Like 2

David Porrett

13 minutes ago, DavidP said:

If you have the Turbine Duke you can integrate both in very nicely.

+1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks for the input guys; looks like I'll go with the GNS530 as I much prefer flying the piston Duke.

Gives me an excuse to get my Emuteq 530 panel back into action - been stored away since my FSX days.

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

4 hours ago, Gordon Hutchison said:

Thanks for the input guys; looks like I'll go with the GNS530 as I much prefer flying the piston Duke.

Again, keep in mind that the best you'll be able to do here is to configure the B60 for the dual nav/coms with the "Use default FSX GPS 500" option selected.  Then you'll configure the RXP 500 in to replace the default 500.

Scott

Hi Scott, just to clarify - what is "dual nav/coms"? I only purchased a single RXP GNS530 addon, no second 530 or 430 with it.

Do I just leave the Duke configuration as per the picture in the link - then do the panel and .ini modifications?

http://1.jpg

I've messaged Bert and he's gonna send me his panel and RXP modified files as I'm just going to run the RXP in the Duke's vc for a while - don't really have any spare time at the moment to get the Emuteq setup, I'll get round to it eventually!

Cheers

Gordon

I am not Scott, but he is correct in that the GPS500 does not have radios included, so the NAV/COM radios are separate  :wink:

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

On 2/15/2019 at 12:16 PM, Gordon Hutchison said:

Hi Scott, just to clarify - what is "dual nav/coms"? I only purchased a single RXP GNS530 addon, no second 530 or 430 with it.

By dual nav/coms, I mean you use the default setup which uses the two default nav/com radios along with the default GPS500 (GPS only, no radios).

I was going to point you to Bert's work, but I see you've already reached out to him so you should be in good shape.

Scott

• Like 1