Sign in to follow this  
kityatyi

EFB runway data source

I am wondering what source the EFB on the 748 is using? I am currently doing a flight to PKSim's SKRG airport, which has RWYs designated as 01/19. Also, PFPX showed 01/19 and to spice it up, the FMC had me selecting 01 for approach. However, the EFB shows 18/36 as available runways. What can be the reason please?

Edited by kityatyi

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

1 minute ago, kityatyi said:

I am wondering what source the EFB on the 748 is using? I am currently doing a flight to PKSim's SKRG airport, which ha RWYs 01/19. Also, PFPX showed 01/19 and to spice it up, the FMC had me selecting 01 for approach. However, the EFB shows 18/36 as available runways. What can be the reason please?

As far as I remember we use the scenery files. So if the scenery has 18/36 this will be used. I am not in my sim PC to check 100% now.

• Like 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

This is a 3rd party add-on scenery that uses 01/19. 

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

While you have the airport selected in the EFB (for Performance calculations of any kind) there is a left side button that will give airport data including the source file it is used for runway data.  The PKSim AFCAD (AF) file for SKRG should be indicated, if not then that might indicate a problem with duplicate AF files or an installation problem. See also the EFB user guide in the EFB documents.

Edited by downscc
  • Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, Olympic260 said:

As far as I remember we use the scenery files. So if the scenery has 18/36 this will be used. I am not in my sim PC to check 100% now.

It reads the bgl files when you load the scenery data into the EFB. 

• Like 1

I guess I know what was the issue. Since I had a NOT IN DATABASE earlier this morning, I deleted the ARPT_RWY.dat file. Then next time playing I had the weird runway designation. I have now run the scan on the EFB, hopefully it fixes it,

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi