Sign in to follow this  
jfrex

Carenado DA62 GTN MOD

46352474224_0a27e451d2_z.jpgDA62 GTN Panel by Jorge Rexach, on Flickr

The integration of the GTN750 into the DA62 MFD is now complete and ready for beta testing. The G1000 MFD gauge is replaced by a redesigned gauge that includes  enhanced autopilot functions, including Alt Hold before selected altitude capture, saving the VS and/or FLC profile settings for resuming the climb/descent, AP auto disconnect based on airspeed, vertical navigation, altitude and extreme attitudes. The FLC algorithm has been revised to improve the accuracy of hold speed vs actual airspeed, both in climbs as well as descent, within two knots.A 2d autopilot gauge was incorporated, as flying into turbulence makes the virtual cockpit AP buttons difficult to use.

Fuel system page now include separate gauges for main tanks and auxiliary tanks (visible when aux pumps are activated), as well as separate fuel tank quantity readouts. A fix for the auxiliary pump switches on the console has been properly coded to enable tank selection. 

Once the testing is finished and necessary approvals secured, the full package will be posted  in the F1 site.

If you are willing to help with the testing please PM me.

40111211803_ee26fe7677_z.jpgDA62 GTN FLC Descent by Jorge Rexach, on Flickr

40130313113_3a12737f44_z.jpgDA62 GTN Panel 5 by Jorge Rexach, on Flickr

46352475344_d8052a7dc5_z.jpgDA62 GTN FLC Climb by Jorge Rexach, on Flickr

Regards,

Jorge

i9 10900KF 5.3 \ ASUS Maximus Hero XII \ GigaByte RTX 2080Ti GAMING OC 11GB \ 32GB G.SKILL Z DDR4 3200MHZ \ ASUS ROG 34" UHD monitor\
Samsung 950 PRO M.2 NVME 500GB C Drive \ 4 - 1TB Samsung 860 EVO \ Windows 10 PRO v2004 \ P3DV4.5 \ P3DV5 \ MSFS 2020 PD Ed. \
Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder 1600M FCS \ Saitek Pro PZ45 Throttle Quadrant \ Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

7 hours ago, skyhawkii said:

Great job! Will it work with the RXP GTN too?

You should be able to replace the F1 GTN by the RXP GTN.. as in any other airplane.. :wink:

Bert

On 3/7/2019 at 2:33 AM, skyhawkii said:

Sounds good! I'm looking forward to try it out.

You are welcome to try it out. PM me and I'll send you the files.

Jorge

Regards,

Jorge

i9 10900KF 5.3 \ ASUS Maximus Hero XII \ GigaByte RTX 2080Ti GAMING OC 11GB \ 32GB G.SKILL Z DDR4 3200MHZ \ ASUS ROG 34" UHD monitor\
Samsung 950 PRO M.2 NVME 500GB C Drive \ 4 - 1TB Samsung 860 EVO \ Windows 10 PRO v2004 \ P3DV4.5 \ P3DV5 \ MSFS 2020 PD Ed. \
Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder 1600M FCS \ Saitek Pro PZ45 Throttle Quadrant \ Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

15 hours ago, jfrex said:

You are welcome to try it out. PM me and I'll send you the files.

Jorge

PM sent 😀

Wow, I need to find where to get this. The G1000 Flight Planing doesn't work for me at all unless it is airports. I would live to try this and see how it works. What's the F1 site?

@Bert: How do you get this to replace the G1000 MDF in the DA62? Is there a tool that comes with the GTN750 that does this for you? Does the GTN750 come with the download, or do you need to purchase the product? Thanks

Edited by mypupdaisy
Need more info

PDF instructions are included in the downloaded files. You have to purchase the GTN 750 from Flight1 and use their configuration tool to install the GTN750 to your aircraft. Once that is accomplished, then install the mod.

Regards,

Jorge

Flight1 and Reality XP package up their gauge offerings differently.. have a look at both..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert