Sign in to follow this  
regis9

CaptainSim 757-300 Released

35 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

LOL! 😄

Yearh - you're right. The pricing doesn't make sense... especially at $99 - I thought $75 was too high.

It's a good simulation, but for the price, you aren't getting your money's worth, in my opinion...

I would love to add a 757 to my hanger, I love the 757, but if they want to charge more than FSL/PMDG I expect that level of fidelity at least and I've not heard anyone suggest it's as good, let alone better than FSL/PMDG. 

Then you have The Maddog and Q400 and there also best in class, how much are they?

CS you have lost the plot!

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

RR engines, systems and sounds, included with the -300 even if you don't have the -200 RR expansion 🤔 why do they make you pay $30 for the RR engines on the -200 then? What a mess, between that and the two options for freighter expansions too 😆

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

I never thought I would see the day that CS would make FSL & PMDG look "cheap" 😂

Probably because its the only one Rick 🙂 

So, so true, David, but refresh me, please. How long have we been patiently waiting for LDS' 757? Which was supposed to be the advent to a new dawn? Thus, have settled for a bit of lightweight sim fun with the CS version.

Luckily got it at that Xmas Offer sales, and have not opted for the freighter models, not at their current price, but $19.99 for the -300 expansion seemed reasonable, rather than wait 11 months for their $9.99 sales.

But I will agree with your remark of charging PMDG/FSL prices for not quite the same ballpark.

Edited by vc10man

Hey, Rick not only am I happy you are enjoyed the 75 but you bought it at the "right" price. 

Whats LDS ?......................lol it will never happen. Sadly the CS one is the only one and I would buy the freighter DHL into my local airport EGNX perfect, but every time I go look at streams and youtube I come away thinking it's not worth the price they're asking and now it's even gone up another $25.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I wish Captain Sim would see this thread. $99 for a base pack where the night lighting is TERRIBLE and is just imported from FSX. They even admitted it on their forums. Shame on them. 

• Upvote 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

11 minutes ago, Le Français said:

I wish Captain Sim would see this thread. $99 for a base pack where the night lighting is TERRIBLE and is just imported from FSX. They even admitted it on their forums. Shame on them. 

If they saw this thread they'd probably raise the price even higher... The recent criticism of their pricing model hasn't gone unnoticed by them and they tried to justify the price tag which didn't really convince anyone. I assume they are trying to get as much out of the fact it's the best 757 simulation at this time as possible. I bought it at 75$ when it was first released and it's a decent plane which is fun to fly but it's not worth that kind of money to me. I'll not even think about the fact they seem to be charging 100$ now.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Whats LDS ?......................lol it will never happen

So true, David.

43 minutes ago, Le Français said:

the night lighting is TERRIBLE

Have had not a single issue with cockpit lighting in the day or night. Clear for ne

24 minutes ago, threegreen said:

'll not even think about the fact they seem to be charging 100$ now.

Probably give you and others apoplexy at rate being charged🤣

Edited by vc10man

They've gone nuts definitely. Their products are much better than previous versions but nothing NOTHING makes that 757 base pack worth $99.99. Maybe if all models were included instead of the huge mess they made with it dividing them in packs it would be worth like 69.99, but a single P&W 757 for 100... Alas no.

• Like 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I've noticed that CaptainSim has put the responsibilities of repaints on the freeware painters. After the initial base pack release they no longer provide the basic repaints yet they still charge a crazy price. The freeware painters are getting saturated with request to the point it has gotten heated. It's not their responsibility to cover CS butt. Has anyone also noticed that the virtual cabin in the -300 is the same -200 file. They couldn't even make an effort to model the -300 correctly. Maybe they should take some of that 757 money and hire one of these guys. 

• Like 2

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

15 hours ago, skysurfer said:

Greetings. 

Would you guys recommend 757? Never had it from CaptainSim. I am wondering if it is worth to spend a $. Is everything simulated like in NG? Is it possible to assign custom TQ via FSUIPC? How is VC graphics? It looks good in the video. I read that people had issues keeping the speed with VNAV and engine start from cold and dark. I am wondering if this is still ongoing issues. 

Thank you 

The pricing is a bit of a mess, but if you can put that aside it’s a decent aircraft, I enjoy flying it.  If you want a 757 in P3D this is likely as good as it will get.  No offense to the QualityWings one that will be coming, but it’s an aged product that was never intended to have the systems depth that the captainsim aircraft currently has.  I enjoyed the QW version back in the day but will be sticking with the CS version.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

9 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Has anyone also noticed that the virtual cabin in the -300 is the same -200 file.

Not having been inside a -300 I would not know the difference, but now thanks to your alert, I am made aware. Maybe they will patch it at a later date?

The 757-300 looks to be a risky development proposition anyway, as there are only about 55 in operation worldwide, two thirds of them operated by Delta and United, a handful at Condor and Thomas Cook, and then a couple one-offs beyond that.

So if I'm marketing something that isn't likely to see a lot of demand, I'm going to limit the depth (cost) of my development and probably have to charge a higher per-unit price due to the anticipated low volume.

With that in mind, $19.99 doesn't seem to be too crazy, even if it's really only additional external models that they won't sell many of.  As to $99 for the base pack...no, I wouldn't pay that, but it was well worth $25 in the last Christmas sale.

Regards

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

19 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I've noticed that CaptainSim has put the responsibilities of repaints on the freeware painters. After the initial base pack release they no longer provide the basic repaints yet they still charge a crazy price. The freeware painters are getting saturated with request to the point it has gotten heated. It's not their responsibility to cover CS butt. Has anyone also noticed that the virtual cabin in the -300 is the same -200 file. They couldn't even make an effort to model the -300 correctly. Maybe they should take some of that 757 money and hire one of these guys. 

Hey Dan,

Not much let to say about CS that has not already been said...I find it sad that simmers still support this developer after their long history of..well...you know.

Although I vowed long ago to never touch another CS product, let alone paint one, I'm rethinking that strategy.  I'm thinking I should cash in on the gravy train they've created, that somehow got otherwise-intelligent simmers to keep pouring money into ...and start a payware venture just for painting CS planes, modeling their rather peculiar pricing structure.

It starts with any paint request has a prerequisite that the customer buy the full $200 package for me.  And that's every simmer, not just the initial requester.

Then:

1. $10 for each livery requested for the base PW model
  2. $7 for the RR version
  3. $13 for the -300 (Since its a new model and its longer) (The length of the fuse has no impact on the difficulty painting it, but I want to cash in on the fact many people don't know that)
  4. Same price for engine variances  on the -300 (don't even know if the -300 had them...not stopping me for charging for it though)
  5. Only $6 for Freighter versions, since I like them too, but $6 for either the PW or RR....if you want both, $12 naturally)
  6. 8% surcharge for any planes with white in the livery (that's about all of them...a good way to grab an extra 8% from folks though, don't you think?)
  7. 20% surcharge if its a "Eurowhite" livery
  8. 10% discount if its Lufthansa's old livery, 10% surcharge for the new livery (even though technically its Eurowhite, I give Lufty a break as I like the airline)
  9. 20% surcharge for extra wear and tear and excessive dirt requests for the livery (each request)
  10. $50 flat rate for "Rush" requests, 1 week standard, with $50 added for each day you want it sooner

Here is the great news and the innovative part of my pricing structure:

For every update to the aircraft CS pushes out for free...AFTER they have released their next airplane, I cut the price of items 1-10 by 50%!!

For those unfortunate CS customers of previous aircraft packages that are still waiting for their fixes, you can probably guess that I won't have to discount my services at all given CS's past history.

The 1st simmer requesting a CS paint from me gets a 30% discount on the price for buying me the full package (so you'll only have to shell out $140, and their 1st livery request for a $6 flat rate...what a deal huh?) 😉

• Like 4

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I was not a fan of CS for a long time because of their propensity to cease development and move on once a product had been released.  They have, however, stuck with the 757 for some time now.  I guess I can continue to hold their past history against them...but should I do that if it appears they have turned the corner on producing abandonware?  It does, at present, seem to be the case.  They haven't proven me wrong just yet with the 757.

Steve, can I take it that you also don't repaint the $30 777-300 expansion from PMDG, or the $40 A319 expansion from FSLabs, or the €25 MD-88 expansion for the Leonardo MD-80?  If you do, then how is their charging for variants of their acft add-ons any different from CS?

In the case of all of those add-ons (and many others) third-party freeware repaints represent the majority of the available liveries.

Seriously, I'm missing your point.  When I wanted an American Airlines (the second biggest global A319 operator) or Frontier livery for the FSL A319, I didn't have the option of requesting them from FSL when the add-on released without those developer-created liveries...I had to wait for some talented repainter to put one out there.  And I'm very appreciative that someone finally did.

Regards

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

2 hours ago, vc10man said:

So true, David.Have had not a single issue with cockpit lighting in the day or night. Clear for ne

The whole airplane turns dark and black at night. You haven't noticed that?

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case