Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

Valentine's sales?

Is it just me who thinks that valentine's sales in flight simulator sounds ridiculous? What on earth has the valentines day to do with flight simming? 

• Like 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

29 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

What on earth has the valentines day to do with flight simming? 

Nothing I guess, but if Orbx want to give me 50% off their products to celebrate Valentine’s Day, that’s fine with me!!

Bill

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Daedalus said:

Is it just me who thinks that valentine's sales in flight simulator sounds ridiculous? What on earth has the valentines day to do with flight simming? 

For ORBX, it's likely to be, in part, a distraction from their TE GB woes for their P3D customers and the negative image that it has conjured.
To be fair, I loaded up on a few of their products that I wouldn't have bought previously.

For all the developers with a sale on, it's a quiet period of the year where revenue isn't strong. Any excuse to have a sale and bring some cash in the door is welcome for them - as it is for us!

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

14 hours ago, Daedalus said:

Or Christmas, Easter, Independence Day, Thanksgiving...?  I'm struggling with the logic here...a bargain is a Bad Thing now?  Not in my book. For all I care they can declare a sale because it's Monday, or Tuesday or... 

Bring 'em on I say, nobody's forcing anyone to buy anything.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Holdit said:

Or Christmas, Easter, Independence Day, Thanksgiving...?  I'm struggling with the logic here...a bargain is a Bad Thing now?  Not in my book. For all I care they can declare a sale because it's Monday, or Tuesday or... 

Bring 'em on I say, nobody's forcing anyone to buy anything.

Sure, I don't mind sales. Don't get me wrong. I wish it was every day. I just point out it sounds odd to do Valentine's Day sale...Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving are national holidays for a big part of the world, where it makes sense to fit a sale. Or any random sale time is fine. Valentine's Day and sales in simulator is very odd. 

Edited by Daedalus

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Any holiday means business:  A former President once said in the 20's  "The business of America is business".

If you love yourself, treat yourself to what you love.

Partners everywhere should celebrate that their other halves are in love with a sim and not another human being. So yes time to celebrate and buy them some bargain add-ons! 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

Partners everywhere should celebrate that their other halves are in love with a sim and not another human being. So yes time to celebrate and buy them some bargain add-ons! 

Well said, like a man who clearly understands his other half, Russell.🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh well, I took advantage of Orbx's "Orbx Loves You" SALE (not sure it's tied to Valentine's Day...), and just now bought "Germany South".

But, this display of love is already telling me, "...I need to do some explaining now..."...🙂...After all, it's all about love. Right?

On 2/15/2019 at 7:22 PM, P_7878 said:

I need to do some explaining now..."

If it's to the missus then you are simply exploring areas of the world in detail for points of travel interest while you plan a future romantic vacation..emphasize its with HER of course!

😛

• Like 1

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK