I was attempting to run LNM in FSX from a client but have given up.

Instead, I am trying to get it to work in the server only.  When I use the map to ID an airfield, there are none!  There are Navaids, Zones, WPs etc. but no airfields.

What have I done wrong? 

I'd be grateful for advice.

Supporter.png

John

Thanks, Alex.  I stumbled on the answer!  I find it difficult to learn from books or manuals.  I can do it but it takes me a long time.

I am what is called an 'intuitive learner' - I learn better by trial and error, and by working things out in my head. Now that my head is getting very old, this method of learning is becoming unreliable!

My aim is to run LNM in a network. I am reading the manual and the FAQs. So far I haven't hit on the right way - but I will.  If not, I will post again.

Thanks for your excellent program and your interest.

John

Edited by betelgeuse

Supporter.png

John

3 hours ago, betelgeuse said:

My aim is to run LNM in a network. I am reading the manual and the FAQs. So far I haven't hit on the right way - but I will.  If not, I will post again.

The subject has been discussed in this forum, so a search should yield some fruit. 

Just remember, the database has to be created on the computer containing the flight simulator then copied to the networked copy of LNM.

The remainder is a pretty straight forward process and the manual covers that. 

Edited by airernie
  • Like 1

Ernest Pergrem

7 hours ago, airernie said:

The subject has been discussed in this forum, so a search should yield some fruit. 

Just remember, the database has to be created on the computer containing the flight simulator then copied to the networked copy of LNM.

The remainder is a pretty straight forward process and the manual covers that. 

Thanks. It's up and running on a client now.  Just a quickie question - I am sure it's in the manual so please forgive: 

how do I make the map larger?  I can stretch it a little but does it also come in a large popup or a large mode version? 

Supporter.png

John

2 hours ago, betelgeuse said:

how do I make the map larger?  I can stretch it a little but does it also come in a large popup or a large mode version? 

It's usually the search window which keeps the map from expanding. Disable all unneeded search options in the "hamburger" drop down menu on the top right in the airport search. Do the same for navaid search.

Or undock the search window and let it float. This dock window is very expansive and squeezes other docks into the corners even when search options are disabled.

Alex

Edit: Just added to FAQ: How can I make the map window larger

Edited by albar965
FAQ mentioned
  • Like 1

Thanks, yes, I've been playing around with this window and am getting a feel for how it can be used.

I have been able to undock it and expand it.  It took me a while to get back to the 'hamburger' - eventually I found the Search Dock button - this restores the page to a default setting where all the search options are available - and the 'hamburger' reappears. 

I used to have the same problem with mobile phones. It was easy to get into something but the devil him/herself couldn't get me out of it....

Supporter.png

John

Something else I forgot to mention: In the options dialog on tab "Map" is a checkbox on top: "Allow to undock map window ..." . Uncheck this if not interested in a floating map window.

It helps to keep the map and profile windows large.

Alex

Alex,

Just an update to let you know that I am really getting to know your great navigation program. It provides a huge amount of detail about the flight, the aircraft, Navaids, weather, aerodromes etc. The list is almost endless. I'm staggered that the program is freeware.  

Just one question: under Userdata on the top menu, there is an option to Create Logbook entries.  Does this mean that elements of flights are recorded somewhere?  If so, where can the logbook entries be viewed? 

Thanks again.

Supporter.png

John

1 hour ago, betelgeuse said:

I'm staggered that the program is freeware.

Don't get your hopes up. This won't change.:wink:

1 hour ago, betelgeuse said:

Does this mean that elements of flights are recorded somewhere?  If so, where can the logbook entries be viewed? 

Create Logbook Entries? Yes and see below. The logbook stuff is more a preliminary solution. Therefore, it is embedded into the user defined waypoints. You get an entry for each takeoff and landing. Filter in search and map display are the same as for the other user defined points.

grafik.png

Alex

Ah, yes, I found it. I didn't think to look under Navaids.  Thank you!  I continue to be amazed. 

Just a small observation: is there any particular reason why the 'Last Change' date appears in Hungarian?  Ő magyar?

John

Supporter.png

John

Hi John,

what's you computer language? Hungarian or English? Are your locale settings (date and number formats) English?

LNM has no Hungarian translation yet.

I know that the translation mechanism sometimes has a mind of its own,

Alex

My computer language is English and my locale settings are all English.  I have Hungarian and German languages as alternate keyboard settings only. This gives me the umlaut and other accents of which there are a multitude in Hungarian.

The odd thing about your 'Last Change' entry is that not only is the language Hungarian, but the format uses the Hungarian date format i.e. 2019.február.20 - backwards from the English like a lot of things in Hungarian. 

Nothing else that I have come across in LNM is in Hungarian! How strange! 

Edited by betelgeuse

Supporter.png

John