Sign in to follow this  
srgalahad

2019 TEAM AVSIM Around-the-World Race OFFICIAL THREAD

Wingman on PABR - CYEV aborted flight after confirmation of successful baton flight in order to set up for next leg!

Wingman down at CYZF

xm2EaGe1WIRkE4HJ7CbP2gszFU.jpg

Text / Tracking

Edited by Highmike
to post the verification files

Mike Beckwith

I have the Baton CJ8-KINL. MilViz (P3D) P-38L.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Wingman transfer - P3D crashed

5K6h6GV91Ix3grk6W81kyHOCDbk.jpg

Text / Tracking

Edited by Highmike
to post the verification files

Mike Beckwith

batton at KUNU

LVblBEdOQXYKhnKtPtLCDyDQMNI.jpg

Text / Tracking

That sure was a intense flight, haveing the batton dropped into your seat just before we were about to land. Teammates tell us there is a < 1NM visabillity clouds snow etc field elevation at 900  and out of the clouds at 1200, not a lot room for error. trying to get a fix on the runway, my heart skipped serveral beats, i can tell you. Lucky for me my team mates talked me in, which took a bit longer then i wanted but finally i saw the PAPI comming up. realizing i still do >250 ish  so i had to Put all the anchors and breaks the P38 had. Came in high and fast, andd after a few hops  stopped just short of the cross in runways. using up 2/3 of the length of the runway but i made it. the all green duenna does not reflect the hazzard whith which this flight has been flown but being my last it sure was a memorable one, could not have done it with out the team. That is is in a few lines the spirit of air raceing RTW2019.

best regards

leon

Edited by l_schuiling
  • Like 2