Wingman transfer - P3D crashed

5K6h6GV91Ix3grk6W81kyHOCDbk.jpg

Text / Tracking

Edited by Highmike
to post the verification files

batton at KUNU

LVblBEdOQXYKhnKtPtLCDyDQMNI.jpg

Text / Tracking

That sure was a intense flight, haveing the batton dropped into your seat just before we were about to land. Teammates tell us there is a < 1NM visabillity clouds snow etc field elevation at 900  and out of the clouds at 1200, not a lot room for error. trying to get a fix on the runway, my heart skipped serveral beats, i can tell you. Lucky for me my team mates talked me in, which took a bit longer then i wanted but finally i saw the PAPI comming up. realizing i still do >250 ish  so i had to Put all the anchors and breaks the P38 had. Came in high and fast, andd after a few hops  stopped just short of the cross in runways. using up 2/3 of the length of the runway but i made it. the all green duenna does not reflect the hazzard whith which this flight has been flown but being my last it sure was a memorable one, could not have done it with out the team. That is is in a few lines the spirit of air raceing RTW2019.

best regards

leon

Edited by l_schuiling
  • Like 2

After 5 + 1 baton transfer wait.. 
I have the baton, KUNU --> KMDW in the "Manfred Jahn & Team" C-47

I have the Baton (KMDW-17K) in Lockheed F-80 Shooting Star - AlphaSim

Flying wing for SOMiller

KMDW -> 17K in the SOH Alphasim F-80

I have the baton, 17K-KIWA in the ABC Bearcat.  Final leg.... Go Go Go!!!!!! This is going to be a photo finish!!!!!!

I am wingman from 17K to KIWA in a SOH Bearcat Long-Range for AVSIM's, and my, final leg in the FS-RTW. 

The sentimental journey to the finish begins.  This was the 10th year for me!  Cheers to all the pilots who participated over the years. You made the event something I looked forward to each and every year. For my team you are all a great bunch of people. Thanks for making the event enjoyable and entertaining! So...for the last time...throttle to the firewall,it's time to blaze to finish in this beautiful aircraft! 🙂

1 minute ago, Eamonn Watson said:

Baton is free at KWIA.. 

You should have seen how badly I had to treat the F-80 to also post at 20:37!!!!!!

Amazing, well done.

Edited by Spookster67

Hats off to you all. After a Race like that, it's time for a few cold, tall ones. The first round's on me! Cheers/Salud/Prosit/Skol!