Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

SFD Global

2 hours ago, tonywob said:

That's your job Zul 🙂I'm still waiting for Mumbai

Don't know if it will happen. Maybe later , really don't know.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Yep, although it seems initially this won't cover the US, NZ or Australia. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tonywob said:

Yep, although it seems initially this won't cover the US, NZ or Australia. 

MisterX said it will replace all the world textures, but autogen replacement and landmarks will be limited to specific regions, if I understood correctly.

Can you share some more details about Orbx Global XP? I'm not sure if it will have landmarks and regional autogen replacements, can you say anything on that regard Tony? What about better and newer data (compared to HD Mesh V4), when I talk about data, I don't mean elevation data, but other geographical data like cities, forests etc.

Thanks Tony,

Both approaches apply lipstick over what is already in the scenery but don't actually change the mesh or vector data. I'm presuming SFD Global only changes the library definitions of the autogen, forests and textures but doesn't further modify the mesh. What this means is that if a user puts in HD Mesh or UHD mesh they'll get better placed autogen, forests and roads. For users who use custom overlays with Ortho4XP based on the default/HD Mesh autogen then these will pick up the new autogen as well.

One key thing to bare in mind with texture replacements in X-Plane (as opposed to FSX/P3D) is that it will suffer the same problems it currently has, i.e. 3D objects and roads not really matching the base textures, gridded autogen appearance, etc. Whilst it will give a nice variation when flying around different regions, it's still the same default mesh/representation underneath and has limitations on what can be done with this approach.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Both approaches apply lipstick over what is already in the scenery but don't actually change the mesh or vector data. I'm presuming SFD Global only changes the library definitions of the autogen, forests and textures but doesn't further modify the mesh. What this means is that if a user puts in HD Mesh or UHD mesh they'll get better placed autogen, forests and roads. For users who use custom overlays with Ortho4XP based on the default/HD Mesh autogen then these will pick up the new autogen as well.

One key thing to bare in mind with texture replacements in X-Plane (as opposed to FSX/P3D) is that it will suffer the same problems it currently has, i.e. 3D objects and roads not really matching the base textures, gridded autogen appearance, etc. Whilst it will give a nice variation when flying around different regions, it's still the same default mesh/representation underneath and has limitations on what can be done with this approach.

Hi Tony, I get it, thanks, but my main question was if your product Orbx Global XP will bring custom autogen and landmarks globally. This question in my mind since the annoucement on the stream.

But I understand if it's too soon on the development to answer that question.

Thank you,

I'm not the one developing ORBX Global XP, I'm doing the regions. As of yet, I know about as much as you do 😉

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tonywob said:

I'm not the one developing ORBX Global XP, I'm doing the regions. As of yet, I know about as much as you do 😉

Oh, I didn't know that. Thank you for the answers.

On 2/16/2019 at 1:36 AM, Janov said:

Everyone has his price

LOL....True indeed!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

On 2/17/2019 at 8:15 AM, tonywob said:

Tony - a bit tangential to the topic but, since you're the Regions man, I have to ask.  Are the two PNG sceneries on the port list?  IMHO they are the best.  I know PNW is up there but, without the Canadian portion, it's not going to fly nearly as well.

On 2/16/2019 at 2:46 AM, HumptyDumpty said:

Nice, hope he does landmarks for India 

I asked him and he said he will later generate auto gen for South Asia but first it will South EAST Asia, middle east, North Africa.   You can leave a comment on his official post at 

• Like 1

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

15 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Are the two PNG sceneries on the port list?  IMHO they are the best.  I know PNW is up there but, without the Canadian portion, it's not going to fly nearly as well.

I'm not sure which region PNG is (unless you are talking about the Papua New Guinea airports), of which will almost certainly be ported (Basically everything is being ported). Washington State is first, and it's a real pleasure to fly over, i.e. It has everything from islands, mountains, forests, plains, cities. As for Canada, well... we're trying to negotiate and get imagery, so we're not saying it won't happen and it is being worked on. I'd certainly love to see British Columbia done (with Vancouver city). 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tonywob said:

I'm not sure which region PNG is (unless you are talking about the Papua New Guinea airports), of which will almost certainly be ported (Basically everything is being ported). Washington State is first, and it's a real pleasure to fly over, i.e. It has everything from islands, mountains, forests, plains, cities. As for Canada, well... we're trying to negotiate and get imagery, so we're not saying it won't happen and it is being worked on. I'd certainly love to see British Columbia done (with Vancouver city). 

I can't wait to fly over it in sim! Think we will see a PNW region in XP by the end of the year?

Edited by z06z33

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Just now, z06z33 said:

Think we will see a PNW region in XP by the end of the year?

Almost certainly yes..

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, tonywob said:

Since I live in Washington State I have to agree with your description.  My concern is that without the Canadian data there will be a demarcation line right in the middle of the good stuff - a real eyesore.