Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

SFD Global

7 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Since I live in Washington State I have to agree with your description.  My concern is that without the Canadian data there will be a demarcation line right in the middle of the good stuff - a real eyesore.

I live in that area and I agree, although it might be done in stages instead of all of BC. The critical thing is the South-West area around Vancouver City and the southern half of Vancouver Island, for continuity with GA flights from northern WA state.

I do  lot of flying in that area with the FSEconomy game, and frankly, once you get far enough outside of Vancouver Island and north of Vancouver City, there isn't a lot of terrain up that that isn't handled well by default XP11 scenery with the HD or UHD mesh and Gateway airports. Plus some nice payware scenery like Bella Coola.

The free HD and UHD mesh in XP11 does a better job of the coastal mountain range in BC than what I'd expect from Orbx scenery, based on what I've seen with GB South. Just my opinion. That's a lot of mountain scenery, and it won't look good "stretched: with lower resolution ortho overlay. That may be a problem with the PNW scenery too, but I'll reserve judgement until I see it.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Am excited for this release, but was hoping he would have changed some of the USA autogen.

• Like 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

22 hours ago, Pugilist2 said:

Am excited for this release, but was hoping he would have changed some of the USA autogen.

Same here

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Well guys, at least you had one which represents some parts of the USA so far.

The rest of the world wasn't so lucky 😛

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

The default US autogen looks pretty good IMO, there are other areas in the world that badly need attention 🙂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tonywob said:

The default US autogen looks pretty good IMO, there are other areas in the world that badly need attention 🙂

Exactly, US and Europe already looks good, I'm glad MisterX is focusing on other parts of the world which needs it much more, such as Asia! I am excited since I love flying in Asia and there has been a serious lack of attention in this area. I'm glad that it's getting so much needed attention and SFD looks amazing!

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

Exactly, US and Europe already looks good, I'm glad MisterX is focusing on other parts of the world which needs it much more, such as Asia! I am excited since I love flying in Asia and there has been a serious lack of attention in this area. I'm glad that it's getting so much needed attention and SFD looks amazing!

Have you tried is free Japan Pro scenery?

• Like 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

The two areas where default autogen looks poor (IMO) are South Florida and Southern California. Generic North American houses just don't look right in those areas. Not enough orange tile roofs. If there is ever a good autogen building package for the Caribbean and Central/South America, maybe some of those buildings could somehow be inserted in those parts of the US.

The Japan Pro scenery looks great due to the characteristic blue and pink roof colors. The building shapes help too, but it's really the roof color that does it.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

1 hour ago, Paraffin said:

The two areas where default autogen looks poor (IMO) are South Florida and Southern California. Generic North American houses just don't look right in those areas. Not enough orange tile roofs. If there is ever a good autogen building package for the Caribbean and Central/South America, maybe some of those buildings could somehow be inserted in those parts of the US.

The Japan Pro scenery looks great due to the characteristic blue and pink roof colors. The building shapes help too, but it's really the roof color that does it.

Exactly! The southwestern US such as CA, NV, AZ, NM needs some improvement.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

12 hours ago, Colonel X said:

Have you tried is free Japan Pro scenery?

Yes I have most of his sceneries and they are all amazing! I really hope does more sceneries for Asia.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Which of the above posts are discussing what the OP was talking about?  I started to get confused.  Has MisterX said when SFD Regions will be released?  I'm so happy he's starting with NE in the US.

Edited by FlyingsCool

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

I was just curious if SFD covers all other global scenery like xplane default and Rosentium. I hoping it does, even in areas where there is no new autogen. It seems to, after flying over an improved Indiana last night. Currently using HD_Meshv4 and SFD. Thanks for any feedback!

I have both Mister X's KSFO and KSAN and they both work perfectly.  However, I just installed SFD Global and now I have a lower layer to all the major bridges in the area.  Is there any way to fix that without removing one or both KSFO and KSAN?