Sign in to follow this  
737Andi

Loading wind data into FMC

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm correctly loading the wind data into the FMC. I have sucessfully activated the ACARS system on the center CDU. It says DLNK ACT* on the bottom right.

Then I'm going to LEGS - RTE DATA - REQUEST SEND - wait until LOAD is displayed and click that - then I click EXEC.

However I do not see the wind directions in the right column under wind. For example a letter W for wind coming from the west.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Best regards Andreas

9 minutes ago, 737Andi said:

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm correctly loading the wind data into the FMC. I have sucessfully activated the ACARS system on the center CDU. It says DLNK ACT* on the bottom right.

Then I'm going to LEGS - RTE DATA - REQUEST SEND - wait until LOAD is displayed and click that - then I click EXEC.

However I do not see the wind directions in the right column under wind. For example a letter W for wind coming from the west.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Best regards Andreas

Having read your two posts so far tonight, one in another thread re:engaging the AP, may I kindly ask have you done the Tutorial or read up on the relevant Manuals that accompany this aircraft? Because the answers are all there.

Actually I have read through several manuals and watched several videos so far and the posted questions were simply left over.

Instead of wasting your time by rebuking me to read manuals, what I have already done, you could have been so kind and help me with my problem instead.

Nevertheless I hope someone else will be so kind and answer my question decently. 

33 minutes ago, 737Andi said:

rebuking

I take it you do know the difference between a rebuke and

55 minutes ago, vc10man said:

may I kindly ask

seeing you have posted numerous questions tonight and previously like confetti

35 minutes ago, 737Andi said:

manuals, what I have already done

And if you had already done so, then the answers you seek are right there.

1 hour ago, vc10man said:Having read your two posts so far tonight, one in another thread re:engaging the AP, may I kindly ask have you done the Tutorial or read up on the relevant Manuals that accompany this aircraft? Because the answers are all there.

Rick, this post is a complete waste of time. Last I checked this was a user to user HELP forum, not an opportunity to make yourself feel better for having known the answer and not giving it. 

For what it’s worth to 5he original poster, from memory that is correct, it’s just a case of selecting ‘data’ at the end of the process you described above. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

20 minutes ago, johnnycrockett said:

Rick, this post is a complete waste of time. Last I checked this was a user to user HELP forum, not an opportunity to make yourself feel better for having known the answer and not giving it. 

For what it’s worth to 5he original poster, from memory that is correct, it’s just a case of selecting ‘data’ at the end of the process you described above. 

Oh I see, if I am far too lazy to read a Manual that has all the answers I seek, I just toss the problem I am having to this 'user to user HELP forum, and somebody else will do all the donkey work for me, eh? Nice one. You sort out his plethora of questions then!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, johnnycrockett said:

questions of that kind appear all the time on this forum and - to be honest - there is no point to constantly repeating them. the tutorial flights coming with the product are there for a reason and while this is a help forum, it's a forum of volunteers. And when those volunteers point someone to the right direction (reading a manual, doing the training flights for a highly complex addon) then this is never a waste of time. As Rick said, when you read the other threads you get an idea of what is missing... In my opinion a correctly working addon.

I guess i found it out myself. Engagement of the center and right autopilot is only possible during landing phase.

You get the point... I was explaining it into detail in the other tread and he completely ignored it. So what? Why explain anything that gets ignored anyway? Then RTM. 

You know what also gets tiring? Seeing new people come here for help only to be belittled. Great way to grow the community! Nobody is forcing you to reply to the question if you don’t want to. Not everyone is here to grow their post count. 

Quite a few times I’ve rolled my eyes at some of the questions people ask so I just stay out of it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

feel free and copy the manual. You came in here an hour ago and did nothing but grouch. 

I see nothing wrong with someone suggesting another person look in the documentation.  That is Flight Sim 101, and the longer someone is in the community the more you'll see that suggestion.  It is not meant to belittle.  If someone takes offense to that, they I respectfully submit that they are taking things WAY too personally.  "Have you checked the manual/documentation" is the very best advice that anyone can ever give in our hobby.

Again, don't take it personally, there is no reason to.

The only reason I didn't recommend the manual is that someone already had.

Finally, one can do whatever they wish, however they wish on their computer.  But come into the community and post those types of questions and well, you can't be surprised at the response.  It's the way it is in the flight sim community, it's the way it's been for 37 years, and none of us are interested in changing it.

This has only been meant to help acclimate people to the flight sim community, it's not personal in any way, shape or forum.

Best wishes!

Edited by DaveCT2003
  • Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Exactly. And if we explained it we would do nothing else. We would look at the manual and then type in here what is written there. Why? Because most of us don't fly this airplane on a daily basis for our living but now and then as a hobby... just like other planes. And I at least would very likely mix something up with other planes and then it would be wrong... So far --> Manuals. If someone doesn't understand something in the manual there is no point not to do that and work on it together. But I won't do the donkey work as Rick said and quote from the FCOM or tutorial. Some people might expect that but when I look at someone's profile and every single posting is of that kind, then I won't "help" like this. And now I'm in the Maddog... YCBS - YAYE. 😃

Edited by Ephedrin

33 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

"Have you checked the manual/documentation" is the very best advice that anyone can ever give in our hobby.

When I went through military flight school, aircraft transitions in the military and the civilian world there were folks that would ask questions that were in the manual and never one time did I hear an instructor in the classroom, sim or on the line tell a student "have you checked the manual/documentation?" What I would hear from the instructors was a willingness to help any time, any place, day or night. 

Grace and Peace, 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

3 hours ago, 737Andi said:

Nevertheless I hope someone else will be so kind and answer my question decently. 

Was you able to find the answer to your question?  If not let me know and I will be glad to answer it for you. 🙂

Grace and Peace, 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

4 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

When I went through military flight school, aircraft transitions in the military and the civilian world there were folks that would ask questions that were in the manual and never one time did I hear an instructor in the classroom, sim or on the line tell a student "have you checked the manual/documentation?" What I would hear from the instructors was a willingness to help any time, any place, day or night. 

Grace and Peace, 

Well, I'm retired from the military, and that is a terrible example.  I've operated with all the branches of the US Armed Forces and I have served in elite military communities, and I can tell you that during my career the first step was always the manual.  Always, 100% of the time.

Background:  That isn't the say that teaching did'n't exist, of course it did, and I am also a graduate of that the top universities in the US said was the toughest instructor training course in the world (when they rated the Instructor and Curriculum Development courses for College Credit... 24 upper level and I forget how many lower credits were awarded.  On top of that, there was a mandatory attrition rate of 80% of each class of prospective instructors.  Then I ran an advanced training course/facility for the Navy while also serving as lead instructor.  I've taught men from all the branches as well.  I think I'm just a little bit qualified to chime in.

I hope with my past comment, which was purely meant to help people who don't understand our community.  It's a good thing!

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Come on guys. Snipping at each other.  Not a single person answered the question really.  I'll answer it but the answer is in the documentation.  The 'W' has nothing todo with the direction or speed or the wind.  In fact it's impossible to view the wind data from the RTE DATA page.  The 'W' is just showing different wind data is loaded into that way point.  If you click on the Adjacent RLSK for the way point in question you'll notice winds for 4 different Altitudes.  As you cycle thru the waypoints the winds should stay the same until you get to a waypoint that had a 'W'.  

Now that being said.  I think you might need to SLOWLY to thru the tutorial again and re-read.  As to the same as the autopilot question.  You can not manually select all three autopilots, and there is no need to except for Autolands.  This is also covered in provided documentation.  As with everything in this world. Repetition is the best way to learn. So do the tutorials a few more times, write down questions open the manual and do a word search.  It you still can't find the answer then by all means ask away.

• Like 2

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries