Sign in to follow this  
ejoiner

Light B737 airliner needed

hi guys,  

these days I fly almost exclusively military fast jets, helicopters and some general aviation birds.  I am also now exclusively P3Dv4.

I recently purchased a gift certificate for my grandson to spend an hour in a Delta Air Lines flight simulator. (birthday present).  Not sure yet whether we will do the 737-800 or the 777.  These are the real sims used to train airline pilots.  Anyway,  I now own an hour in one of those.  I have done the 777 before, so hoping to do the 737.

heres my question.  I presently dont have ANY commercial airliners on my sim installed.   However, would like to get my 12 year old at least a little P3D time before we go play with the big bird.  Can someone recommend a lightweight Boeing tubeliner that we could use for this?   FSX used to ship  with a default 737 which would have worked fine.   P3D doesnt.  Any recommendations?   Is there any Project OpenSky type airplanes out there at the moment?  Looking for basic aircraft operation, some navigation, and ability to practice an ILS landing or two.    Nothing fancy and NO fancy switchology or FMS needed.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

If your looking for a good freeware plane that works then I recommend that you try the rikoooo site as that had the original default 737 that came with FSX

Works well in P3D v4 and you get a lot of liveries with it

https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/55/540

Either that or you've got the TDS model which can be downloaded from the Avsim Library

Thanks Guys.  I tried the TDS model and it didnt seem to work too well in P3D 4.4

Will try these two mentioned!

Thanks

Eric

• Like 1

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg