Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Falcon 50 v1.7 Beta Released to Flysimware Store for Testing

Hi

P3Dv3 no bug to report so far (2 flights) 

New textures are very nice and warm 🙂

Wiper sound is great ! Thanks

Pascal

si.php?id=1

ok so on install i selected P3Dv3 and set the directory manually to v4. Iva got an airplane now but the interior celing textures are all screwy (looks like blocks) and I have NO sound other than battery. going back to 1.6 until this all gets sorted out, for a brief minute though ive gotta say im floored by the interior textures..especially the panel..WOW.

10 minutes ago, chevelle505 said:

ok so on install i selected P3Dv3 and set the directory manually to v4. Iva got an airplane now but the interior celing textures are all screwy (looks like blocks) and I have NO sound other than battery. going back to 1.6 until this all gets sorted out, for a brief minute though ive gotta say im floored by the interior textures..especially the panel..WOW.

I am also seeing rectangular shapes in the passenger cabin overhead. FSX boxed

Edited by Wink207

6 hours ago, chevelle505 said:

so unless I missed something...Im gathering this 1.7 will NOT work with anything but v4.4?? seems kinda rough I have to upgrade the entire sim for one plane..theres no comparability to run it without PBR in v4.3 at all? 

Wickedbacon is wrong. You have to choose V4 for any of the V4 options. If you have V4.3 or below the exterior model will show grey where the chrome is located. So i would update to V4.4

It's best to keep your sim up to date for our products and other addon products on the market. Most will be updating for PBR. There is no reason to not update to V4.4 P3D already stated that you can just update without losing previous addons or un installing your older version. And why would you not want to use the new PBR?

Edited by Flysimware

55 minutes ago, chevelle505 said:

Why would you select V3 for V4 sim? You can't put a 32 bit model in a 64 bit sim. You can still use the product using a V4.3 but the parts that are chrome on the exterior will be grey. So choose V4 no matter what during installation. And upgrade to V4.4 as this is easy and you only have to run the client updater.

Edited by Flysimware

5 hours ago, Wickedbacon92 said:

You missed something, but not your fault as it wasn't explained in the installer. You'll have to install the P3Dv3 version if you have P3D v4.3 and below.

Wrong. V3 is a 32 bit model with 32 bit DLL's.

ok thanks for clearing that up..didnt seem right but it did work..sorta..haha. either way, as much as I hate to say it, it may be time for me to move on a find a different biz jet..I STILL CANNOT get this thing to hold a set speed for anything longer than an hour or so. Ive tried everything from fsuipc changes to different flight controllers to even using the keyboard to control the throttle..dont have this problem with any other aircraft..after 15-20 minutes its either overspeed or slowing to a stall, n1 will not stay put and V1.6 (just updated to it tonight) seemed to have made the issue worse..i just barely feather the throttle and it jumps from 78% to 86%..shes all over the place, been fighting this for months now, i give up! its a shame because i love flysimware and shes a beautiful bird!

In a earlier post I said when I loaded the Falcon 50 v1.7 into my P3Dv4.3 machine, it loaded, and worked, but invisibly. I reinstalled v1.2, and it worked great.

So, after getting the updates for all the P3Dv4.4 addons etc, I updated P3D by using the client update to 4.4 client 4.4.16.27077, and updated the Falcon to 1.7. G-PALS shows in the splash screen at startup screen, but when I try and load, it kills P3D. A restart of P3D and load of any other aircraft is ok and no issues.

So, I went through the installation methodically. uninstalled the Falcon 50. Went into simobjects and removed the falcon 50 entry, rebooted my machine.

Turned off my virus checker and reinstalled the Falcon 50 ver 1.7, restarted virus checker. 

Started P3Dv4.4, loaded Falcon 50, G-PALS in splash screen, while loading, gets right to the end when the screen goes all black before load to screen, CRASH. Restart P3Dv4.4, load the FSL A320, which tends to give the graphics engine a work out, works great. Retry the Falcon 50 G-PALS, Crash. Re-installed the Falcon v1.2, it too crashes my machine, maybe because it is the P3Dv4.3 version? 

My machine is  Win10, just updated last night.

Geoff Bryce

9 minutes ago, chevelle505 said:

ok thanks for clearing that up..didnt seem right but it did work..sorta..haha. either way, as much as I hate to say it, it may be time for me to move on a find a different biz jet..I STILL CANNOT get this thing to hold a set speed for anything longer than an hour or so. Ive tried everything from fsuipc changes to different flight controllers to even using the keyboard to control the throttle..dont have this problem with any other aircraft..after 15-20 minutes its either overspeed or slowing to a stall, n1 will not stay put and V1.6 (just updated to it tonight) seemed to have made the issue worse..i just barely feather the throttle and it jumps from 78% to 86%..shes all over the place, been fighting this for months now, i give up! its a shame because i love flysimware and shes a beautiful bird!

Hardware only can adjust in small increments but not enough. If you use the F2 and F3 key on the keyboard you will find that in fact the sim will allow you to adjust the throttle increments in 1/2 a percent or something near that. These are the increments you need. So i already posted to others to use the F2-F3 keys to fine tune the throttle setting since there is no auto throttle. 

But here is the good news. We are already been working on adjusting the air file so the top end of the throttle movements are going to have more range which in return will allow the hardware to have better increments in fine tuning. So get ready for a new air file with lots of improvements as i have been working hard with out tech pilot.

10 minutes ago, por930 said:

In a earlier post I said when I loaded the Falcon 50 v1.7 into my P3Dv4.3 machine, it loaded, and worked, but invisibly. I reinstalled v1.2, and it worked great.

So, after getting the updates for all the P3Dv4.4 addons etc, I updated P3D by using the client update to 4.4 client 4.4.16.27077, and updated the Falcon to 1.7. G-PALS shows in the splash screen at startup screen, but when I try and load, it kills P3D. A restart of P3D and load of any other aircraft is ok and no issues.

So, I went through the installation methodically. uninstalled the Falcon 50. Went into simobjects and removed the falcon 50 entry, rebooted my machine.

Turned off my virus checker and reinstalled the Falcon 50 ver 1.7, restarted virus checker. 

Started P3Dv4.4, loaded Falcon 50, G-PALS in splash screen, while loading, gets right to the end when the screen goes all black before load to screen, CRASH. Restart P3Dv4.4, load the FSL A320, which tends to give the graphics engine a work out, works great. Retry the Falcon 50 G-PALS, Crash. Re-installed the Falcon v1.2, it too crashes my machine, maybe because it is the P3Dv4.3 version? 

My machine is  Win10, just updated last night.

Now that you are using P3Dv4.4, make sure you are installing the correct version of the Falcon into it. Also make sure you have the latest version of the Milviz radar and the GTN750 or the sim will crash.

Al

Edited by ark

3 minutes ago, ark said:

Now that you are using P3Dv4.4, make sure you are installing the correct version of the Falcon into it.

Al

I loaded the latest download version?...Feb 16th 2019 it was called Flysimware_Falcon_50 and was 205MB and when I installed it, my add programs said it was v1.7

Geoff Bryce

7 minutes ago, por930 said:

I loaded the latest download version?...Feb 16th 2019 it was called Flysimware_Falcon_50 and was 205MB and when I installed it, my add programs said it was v1.7

The installer contains different versions of the Falcon 50 for the different sim versions -- make sure you select P3Dv4 when you run the installer.

Al

13 minutes ago, ark said:

The installer contains different versions of the Falcon 50 for the different sim versions -- make sure you select P3Dv4 when you run the installer.

Al

Yes, I chose the P3D V4 option. It was the option above the FSX:STEAM EDITION on the list? The message box said, installs to Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V4

Geoff Bryce

33 minutes ago, por930 said:

Yes, I chose the P3D V4 option. It was the option above the FSX:STEAM EDITION on the list? The message box said, installs to Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V4

Did you catch the message that AL posted about making sure you updated either the Milviz radar or the Flight 1 GTN to the latest version. These must be updated each time P3D releases a new version.

We have created a pinned thread about this topic when the sim crashes. Sounds like you have the right version V1.7 and it shows in the splash screen so this is good news since you have bee having issues. So now which one of these addons do you own? Any aircraft that uses these will crash the sim. This is a known fact until you update.

Edited by Flysimware

Thanks for the reply. Yes, that was the issue.

I have a list of programs I update with each P3D update. Before I started the P3D update,  I had checked the GTN750 and Milviz radar, but at the wrong time. There is a definite 1st, 2nd, 3rd load sequence etc The trap was that I checked both the GTN750 and the Milviz radar for updates BEFORE I had updated P3Dv4.3 to v4.4, so of course the update engine said, not needed, me thinking all done. But the update engine was seeing P3Dv4.3, and not v4.4... The same crash issue is also caused by the FSL A320. If P3Dv4.4 see's say P3Dv4.3 version of FSL A320 loaded on the machine, it crashes P3D. 

So, my update excel list now has, P3Dv4.x  LOAD FIRST. Do not start P3D. Then check for updates especially, Milviz radar, RXP-GTN750, FSL A320 etc are all installed and active. Only when all addons installed and I have checked in the add/remove program area that all programs are showing updates, do I reboot the machine and start P3D. Then cycle though the various addons. 

Geoff Bryce