Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Falcon 50 v1.7 Beta Released to Flysimware Store for Testing

Just to provide you with a little additional feedback, I am encountering significant artefacts and flashing in the VC view using v1.7 with FSX Acceleration. I would describe this as being more severe than the flashing encountered in any of the earlier versions and, for the moment therefore, I've reverted back to v1.6 which doesn't seem to have these issues.

Bill

I noticed that with the cabin shades extended I could see inside the cabin in spot view. I gess I should not 😉

P3Dv3

Pascal

si.php?id=1

5 hours ago, Cool said:

I noticed that with the cabin shades extended I could see inside the cabin in spot view. I gess I should not 😉

P3Dv3

Pascal

I guess you are not using the latest version of the Falcon50,  v1.7A  😉

Al

Edited by ark

6 hours ago, scianoir said:

Just to provide you with a little additional feedback, I am encountering significant artefacts and flashing in the VC view using v1.7 with FSX Acceleration. I would describe this as being more severe than the flashing encountered in any of the earlier versions and, for the moment therefore, I've reverted back to v1.6 which doesn't seem to have these issues.

Bill

Same here Bill, only I also saw flashing and artifacts in 1.6. FSX boxed also. I parked the Falcon 1.6 for several weeks due to the flashing, understanding that there was a prospective fix for the flashing in the major update that was forthcoming. So I installed 1.7 and made the first flight with no flashing or artifacts. The next flight I did see some but reloaded the aircraft and it went away. So today I installed 1.7A and was flash free until the taxi after landing. Clobbered with flashing and a large blue artifact across the VC wind screen. Of a minor note there are some rectangular artifacts in the overhead in the passenger cabin. So, back to the hanger. I hope we can get a fix for this sometime.

On a very positive note the throttles are now great! Easy to manually synch due to the increased displacement at higher N1s. Great!

Of course the change in the textures is incredible, with no apparent hit on frames or VAS. Well done!!

Rick

Yes I agree Rick, the new textures look good and the throttle modification is really welcome as manual adjustment of power at the high N1 settings was tricky. Unfortunately however all 3 test flights had the big blue artefact obscuring nearly half the VC from the start which meant I had to do most of the flying from the spot view which is not ideal!

Hopefully FSW will come up with a fix for this issue which seems unique to the Falcon as I can operate many other much more resource intensive aircraft in FSX without encountering these flashes/artefacts.

With regard to V1.6, I had one transient fairly brief episode of flashing a few flights ago but this does not seem to be a consistent problem so at least for the moment I can continue to enjoy this excellent aircraft.

Bill

51 minutes ago, scianoir said:

Yes I agree Rick, the new textures look good and the throttle modification is really welcome as manual adjustment of power at the high N1 settings was tricky. Unfortunately however all 3 test flights had the big blue artefact obscuring nearly half the VC from the start which meant I had to do most of the flying from the spot view which is not ideal!

Hopefully FSW will come up with a fix for this issue which seems unique to the Falcon as I can operate many other much more resource intensive aircraft in FSX without encountering these flashes/artefacts.

With regard to V1.6, I had one transient fairly brief episode of flashing a few flights ago but this does not seem to be a consistent problem so at least for the moment I can continue to enjoy this excellent aircraft.

Bill

Hi Bill, can you post a pic of the artefact. Curious to see it.

Geoff Bryce

10 hours ago, MartinRex007 said:

Hi Bill, are you getting these artifacts with the new 1.7A?

Martin

Hi Martin, I think these were with the original 1.7 but I will download 1.7A when I get home later and test it also.

9 hours ago, por930 said:

Hi Bill, can you post a pic of the artefact. Curious to see it.

Hi Geoff. I haven’t got imaging hosting software but another user posted a video of these flashing artefacts a few weeks ago (link above). What I have been seeing is similar with the addition of a blue band as described by Rick (Wink207) above. 

Bill

Anyone that has flashing issues can try this if your using P3D V1-V3. I am not sure about FSX.

I purchased P3D V3 today and no matter what i try i can't get flashing. So its hard to improve the model for the few people reporting this issue. But we keep looking for more code to remove from the 32 bit interior as this seems to work.

QUOTE:

Did you try this? I never had any flashing since

It works fine for me on FA 50 P3Dv3: I changed value "0" instead of "1". and bugs  were gone

[SIM]

OPTIMIZE_PARTS=0

Pascal

1 hour ago, scianoir said:

Hi Martin, I think these were with the original 1.7 but I will download 1.7A when I get home later and test it also.

Hi Geoff. I haven’t got imaging hosting software but another user posted a video of these flashing artefacts a few weeks ago (link above). What I have been seeing is similar with the addition of a blue band as described by Rick (Wink207) above. 

Bill

Hi Bill, for what ever reason, the video link did not work. Do not worry, as I was just curious.

Geoff Bryce

Hello.

Every time I choose the Falcon 50 I have this strange message.

I don't know what to do to remove it.

I'm on Prepar3D v4.4 and version 1.7 beta of the Falcon 50.

Thanks !

ja1VXsA.jpg

On 2/17/2019 at 4:25 AM, Propforward said:

Really small thing.... Seem to be missing the tooltip on the VS wheel ..... just makes thing a little more akward when setting VS

Are you in FSX?   

Because in my P3D 4.4 install, the VS wheel tooltip is working.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

tooltip on the VS wheel is working for me using P3D v2.4 and Falcon v1.7, although you do sometimes have to mover it around over the wheel to get it to show.

Edited by MartinRex007

6 hours ago, PhilippeMendes said:

Hello.

Every time I choose the Falcon 50 I have this strange message.

I don't know what to do to remove it.

I'm on Prepar3D v4.4 and version 1.7 beta of the Falcon 50.

Thanks !

ja1VXsA.jpg

Maybe a couple of things.

If you have the incorrect WXradar or GTN750/650 version, it can cause it. I find P3D some times very unforgiving if an incorrect version of some P3D software is found when P3Dv4.4 is loading.

Or, maybe a bad Falcon 50 installation? Uninstall, including the Falcon50 entry from the simobjects folder, then reinstall v1.7a. I also made sure my virus checker was disabled while reinstalling, because some times I get false positive warnings.

Geoff Bryce

On 2/17/2019 at 8:25 PM, Propforward said:

Really small thing.... Seem to be missing the tooltip on the VS wheel ..... just makes thing a little more akward when setting VS

@PropforwardMaybe the Tooltips option has become de-ticked? Have a look in the tab at the top of the P3D screen, Options>General>Information>Miscellaneous Text>Cockpit Tooltips...lower right hand side.

Geoff Bryce