Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Falcon 50 v1.7 Beta Released to Flysimware Store for Testing

On 2/17/2019 at 2:25 AM, Propforward said:

Really small thing.... Seem to be missing the tooltip on the VS wheel ..... just makes thing a little more akward when setting VS

P3D works for both 3D and 2D. FSX the 2D works but i found testing today the 3D does not work. The code is correct using the default ID. So i will use a custom tooltip for next update.

Also you should use the 2D as this makes it much easier. Another tip is the VSI will show a yellow dash so you have a visual of your setting.

Edited by Flysimware

3 hours ago, Flysimware said:

P3D works for both 3D and 2D. FSX the 2D works but i found testing today the 3D does not work. The code is correct using the default ID. So i will use a custom tooltip for next update.

Also you should use the 2D as this makes it much easier. Another tip is the VSI will show a yellow dash so you have a visual of your setting.

3D and 2D? is this referring to the virtual cockpit or?

Geoff Bryce

1 hour ago, por930 said:

3D and 2D? is this referring to the virtual cockpit or?

3D is the actual VC and 2D is the pop up panels.

19 hours ago, por930 said:

Maybe a couple of things.

If you have the incorrect WXradar or GTN750/650 version, it can cause it. I find P3D some times very unforgiving if an incorrect version of some P3D software is found when P3Dv4.4 is loading.

Or, maybe a bad Falcon 50 installation? Uninstall, including the Falcon50 entry from the simobjects folder, then reinstall v1.7a. I also made sure my virus checker was disabled while reinstalling, because some times I get false positive warnings.

Thanks for the help.

For the REX weather Radar, it's the up to date version. I bought today the Reality XP, amazing addon for the Falcon 50 and Learjet, and update the Falcon 50 in 1.7B. Same message, also with the Learjet.

Is it because the .air file is on "read only" file ?

4 hours ago, PhilippeMendes said:

Thanks for the help.

For the REX weather Radar, it's the up to date version. I bought today the Reality XP, amazing addon for the Falcon 50 and Learjet, and update the Falcon 50 in 1.7B. Same message, also with the Learjet.

Hi Philipe, sorry, can't help with that...above my knowledge grade. I would imagine though the file has to be read only to protect it from inadvertent changes.

Edited by por930
Later thought.

Geoff Bryce

6 hours ago, PhilippeMendes said:

Thanks for the help.

There is nothing wrong with the air file. Search for the error message. There error is new to me and has something to do on your end. Not sure how to fix it.

Installed 1.7B and took a nice flight with no issues at all on FSX-SE. Flashing is gone, keeping speed is smooth as silk, ground handling is perfect.

Only hiccup from my individual point of view is that the textures are really heavy on my system (I7@2,9GHz-nVidia 940). When I change view, the sim stops half a second (to wait for texture loading?). It's a really nice improvement and the overall sight is breathtaking, but I still prefer flying instead of staring at the aircraft. It would be nice to have a low-res set of textures for those who can't handle the massive texture load.

Anyway, thanks for your great work and great customer care.

Ciao!

Rosario Manzo, IT

1 hour ago, rosariomanzo said:

Installed 1.7B and took a nice flight with no issues at all on FSX-SE. Flashing is gone, keeping speed is smooth as silk, ground handling is perfect.

Only hiccup from my individual point of view is that the textures are really heavy on my system (I7@2,9GHz-nVidia 940). When I change view, the sim stops half a second (to wait for texture loading?). It's a really nice improvement and the overall sight is breathtaking, but I still prefer flying instead of staring at the aircraft. It would be nice to have a low-res set of textures for those who can't handle the massive texture load.

Anyway, thanks for your great work and great customer care.

Glad you happy with the new update. All textures are still the same size except 3 images. We did add some specular images but they are smaller than the actual image they coincide with. The issue is our minimum requirements on our website is a 3.0 Ghz CPU. You at minimum. this would cause hiccups when changing views. Once textures are loaded this should not happen as its stored in memory. 

Edited by Flysimware

2 hours ago, rosariomanzo said:

(I7@2,9GHz-nVidia 940)

I would also add that the Geforce 940 graphics card is very weak for any simulators.

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

OK, Updated p3d client to 4.4..updated GTN and Garmin trainer..installed the falcon 1.7 and now all the chrome is black and interior celing is still blocky. Verified p3d is version 4.4 and i downloaded  a fresh copy of the falcon as of tonight. Installed the "P3DV4.4" version in the installer...WHY WONT 1.7 WORK for me??? im at a loss guys..back to 1.6 again.

Edited by chevelle505

20 hours ago, Nickbe said:

I would also add that the Geforce 940 graphics card is very weak for any simulators.

I see. But I didn't have the issue with previous Falcon version.

I'll revert back to version 1.4.

Ciao!

Rosario Manzo, IT

Just to provide some continued feedback to FSW, unfortunately the flashing persists using v1.7B with FSX Acceleration. I tried the OPTIMIZE_PARTS=0 tweak as suggested in another thread but this doesn't seem to have any effect within FSX. The very notable exception to the flashing problem remains v1.6 which seems very stable (on my system at least). If only v1.6 had the throttle and engine modifications and the pulsed landing light of the later version.....

Bill

1 hour ago, scianoir said:

Just to provide some continued feedback to FSW, unfortunately the flashing persists using v1.7B with FSX Acceleration. I tried the OPTIMIZE_PARTS=0 tweak as suggested in another thread but this doesn't seem to have any effect within FSX. The very notable exception to the flashing problem remains v1.6 which seems very stable (on my system at least). If only v1.6 had the throttle and engine modifications and the pulsed landing light of the later version.....

Bill

Same here for 1.7B, but I also saw flashing in 1.6 as well. Just for the record. I wish some other guys using FSX boxed would chime in yes or no on flashing so FSW would have a larger sampling. Also probably P3D 32 bit, or maybe 64 bit if they are seeing any flashing or artifacts.

Rick

• Upvote 1

Using P3D v2.4 and FD50 v1.7 with no flashing after replacing the interior MDL that Mark made available, I think it’s the same one he has posted folks to try with flashing problems in 32bit sims? Hope this helps?