Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Falcon 50 v1.7 Beta Released to Flysimware Store for Testing

Version 1.7 of the FSW Falcon 50 is now available for download  and beta testing from the Flysimware store.   Please comment and report any possible bugs or issues found during beta testing IN THIS THREAD.  This will help speed up release of the final version if any changes are needed.

We anticipate releasing  Falcon50 v1.7 to all stores in about 3 days.

Edited by Flysimware
  • Upvote 1

I always struggle to work out how to re download the Falcon 50 from the Fightsimware site? as the re download is not that obvious...well, at least to me.

Geoff Bryce

I wasn't able to log in.

I sent a message to the "webmaster" about it.

I'm sure it'll get sorted soon enough.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

2 minutes ago, Mace said:

I wasn't able to log in.

I sent a message to the "webmaster" about it.

I'm sure it'll get sorted soon enough.

I already sent you an email. If you make a new account it says right there a email confirmation is sent. So you need to confirm your email. 

7 minutes ago, por930 said:

I always struggle to work out how to re download the Falcon 50 from the Fightsimware site? as the re download is not that obvious...well, at least to me.

Yeah. I know what you mean. 

You have to access the 'Payware Store' and then you'll see your orders. From there a link to the download is found. There's no indication as to which version you're downloading.

So, select the Payware menu item from the main website. Click on any of the payware aircraft. Log in. There you go.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Just now, Flysimware said:

I already sent you an email. If you make a new account it says right there a email confirmation is sent. So you need to confirm your email. 

Oh my.  I apologize, the confirmation e-mail went to my junk folder and I didn't check there.  I worked all day, I guess that is my excuse 🙂  Thanks for your help.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

4 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

You have to access the 'Payware Store' and then you'll see your orders. From there a link to the download is found. There's no indication as to which version you're downloading.

So, select the Payware menu item from the main website. Click on any of the payware aircraft. Log in. There you go.

The only way I re-downloaded it was from my original purchase docs which has 6 downloads on it. Had a look at the store, but ?? I wish the download had the version on it, because my download engine says you have already downloaded this product.

Do we have to remove the previous version then reinstall the new version? I thought I did this last time, which means I have to reinstall the GTN750 

Geoff Bryce

6 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

Once we notify customers there is an update you simply just download again. To know if you have the correct version the installer name has the version listed. And after installation the version is listed on the windows add and remove program page. This info is listed on our help page. And our recent emails we to customers also tell you to re download. We have not sent a email yet and will in a few days. So this thread is a jump on the new release for testing.

Thanks for the reply. 

I use my original docs with download links. OK? or is there a preferred way?

My download says Flysimware_Falcon_50. Should it be saying ....Flysimware_Falcon_50_1_7

OK, see where you say that we can choose to uninstall and reinstall or simply install over the top of previous version.

And yes, I looked at my add/remove page to find I was way behind in version loads

Geoff Bryce

22 minutes ago, por930 said:

Do we have to remove the previous version then reinstall the new version? I thought I did this last time, which means I have to reinstall the GTN750  

I always uninstall the old version using the Win10 Programs and Features page in the Control Panel, and then go to the location where the a/c was installed and delete any files the uninstaller left over. While this may not be absolutely necessary, I have found it helps to avoid unexpected issues.

You should not have to reinstall the GTN 750 just because you uninstalled the a/c. You WILL have to rerun the GPS Management tool, but not go through the Flight1 or Reality RXP install process.

Al

Edited by ark

10 minutes ago, ark said:

I always uninstall the old version using the Win10 Programs and Features page in the Control Panel, and then go to the location where the a/c was installed and delete any files the uninstaller left over. While this may not be absolutely necessary, I have found it helps to avoid unexpected issues.

You should not have to reinstall the GTN 750 just because you uninstalled the a/c. You WILL have to rerun the GPS Management tool, but not go through the Flight1 or Reality RXP install process.

Al

OK, thanks for the reply.

Geoff Bryce

I uninstalled my earlier version 1.2 and reinstalled 1.7 But, although I can see in my add programs 1.7 installed, when I fire up P3Dv4.3, the Falcon 50 various aircraft are nominated under Flysimware, but there are no Previews available?  And when you go past this and load the falcon 50, say G-PALS, I get a warning, "Visual model could not be displayed Falcon G-PALS"  the aircraft loads and moves, but is invisible? All other Flysimaircraft load and are visible ok. 

Geoff Bryce

14 minutes ago, por930 said:

I uninstalled my earlier version 1.2 and reinstalled 1.7 But, although I can see in my add programs 1.7 installed, when I fire up P3Dv4.3, the Falcon 50 various aircraft are nominated under Flysimware, but there are no Previews available?  And when you go past this and load the falcon 50, say G-PALS, I get a warning, "Visual model could not be displayed Falcon G-PALS"  the aircraft loads and moves, but is invisible? All other Flysimaircraft load and are visible ok. 

Something is really not right. I would uninstall the a/c, delete any files that then remain in the Falcon50 root folder under simobjects\airplanes, and then reinstall. Make sure you install for the correct sim. Before doing all this it might be good to redownload the installer in case that was corrupted somehow.

Al

Edited by ark

5 minutes ago, ark said:

Something is really not right. I would uninstall the a/c, delete any files that then remain in the Falcon50 root folder under simobjects\airplanes, and then reinstall. Make sure you install for the correct sim. Before doing all this it might be good to redownload the installer in case that was corrupted somehow.

Al

Hi Al, I uninstalled and went into simobjects and removed Falcon50 from the root, and then ran a small program 'everywhere' to make sure nothing else lurking. Now, maybe the graphics are for P3Dv4.4 only? I have P3D v4.3

Geoff Bryce