Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Falcon 50 v1.7 Beta Released to Flysimware Store for Testing

8 minutes ago, por930 said:

Hi Al, I uninstalled and went into simobjects and removed Falcon50 from the root, and then ran a small program 'everywhere' to make sure nothing else lurking. Now, maybe the graphics are for P3Dv4.4 only? I have P3D v4.3

Your mixing something up when choosing the installation choice. The 32 bit into a 64 bit sim or vice versa. Make sure you select V4 if you in fact are using P3D V4.

Do not select V3 for V4.1, V4.2, V4.3 or V4.4. You need to slect V4 for all V4 versions.

Edited by Flysimware

Just now, Flysimware said:

You mixing something. The 32 bit into a 64 bit sim or vice versa. Make sure you select V4 if you in fact are using P3D V4.

Yes, I did choose v4, it made me wonder about V4.4, but only the ref to v4...anyway, I shall uninstall again and re download the installer and reload etc

Geoff Bryce

As I understand it, PBR textures can only work in 3D 4.4 and don't work in P3D 4.3 and earlier. If the version Falcon 1.7  is using the new textures PBR, it will not be able to work in P3D 4.3

Edited by Nickbe

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

1 hour ago, Nickbe said:

As I understand it, PBR textures can only work in 3D 4.4 and don't work in P3D 4.3 and earlier. If the version Falcon 1.7  is using the new textures PBR, it will not be able to work in P3D 4.3

That is correct. PBR will not work unless you have V4.4 so i would update to V4.4 as well.

I also found when i updated from 4.3 to 4.4 the PBR would not work. So i tried to update more than just the client. And according to P3D they say only the client was needed. But i found i had to un install 4.3 and install 4.4 to get PBR to actually work. This may not be that case for everyone as from what i read but it just did not work until i did a fresh install.

Edited by Flysimware

55 minutes ago, Marc320 said:

Hello

What is the change log?

Marc

We are holding off on posting this on the website until later.

VERSION 1.7 UPDATES: 2/13/2019

New Features:

Major texture update. New specular maps throughout the interior and exterior. P3D V4 now includes full PBR textures for the exterior model.

Re-modeled the virtual cockpit ceiling, pilot window, cabin window shades, walls and all window panes for more details and accuracy. 

New pillows and seatbelts added to the cabin couch. Improved seatbelt modeling and textures for all seats.

Two new GPU units that you can cycle through using the aircraft option panel. The Hobart 4400 and the Jetgo. Both include there own sounds.

New 3 position landing light switch which includes new pulse option.

Windshield wipers now include sounds.

Bugs & updates:

The engines N1 idle has slightly has less power so with a light payload the aircraft does not creep forward.

Landing lights are slightly lower in brightness to allow the runway lines to show more.

Edited by Flysimware
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Flysimware said:

That is correct. PBR will not work unless you have V4.4 so i would update to V4.4 as well.

I also found when i updated from 4.3 to 4.4 the PBR would not work. So i tried to update more than just the client. And according to P3D they say only the client was needed. But i found i had to un install 4.3 and install 4.4 to get PBR to actually work. This may not be that case for everyone as from what i read but it just did not work until i did a fresh install.

OK, thanks for this. I wondered if v4.4 was in play here. I do not know yet if all my addons are v4.4 friendly,so I will hold off on that move and reinstall one of my older versions of the Falcon 50, and when I have confirmed all will play nicely with v4.4, will do the change to 1.7 then.

Geoff Bryce

Enjoying the 1.7 update ! I love the new textures and PBR looks awesome.   I have an issue that is probably not a bug, but someone may have some input.  I can only see the new pulse lights during dawn, dusk, or night conditions.  During daytime they are invisible even though the landing lights during day are very bright and visible.  I use HDR and was wondering if HDR is causing the pulse lights from being seen during daytime.  Thanks again for the great update :biggrin:

WAT1460.png

18 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

Enjoying the 1.7 update ! I love the new textures and PBR looks awesome.   I have an issue that is probably not a bug, but someone may have some input.  I can only see the new pulse lights during dawn, dusk, or night conditions.  During daytime they are invisible even though the landing lights during day are very bright and visible.  I use HDR and was wondering if HDR is causing the pulse lights from being seen during daytime.  Thanks again for the great update :biggrin:

My understanding is the Falcon 50's pulse landing lights will be visible during the day (if you look right at them) in the 'official' release of ver 1.7 .

Al

Edited by ark

Hum Big issue on my p3dv4.4 FPS drop at 10 fps !!! 

So By Day no problem 60 fps

By night 10 FPS if i set Dynamic lightning off i go around 60 again.

Marc

Edited by Marc320

Some feedback:

This new build requires a lot of thrust to taxi.. I don't know how is the real plane, but I prefer the old build.. 3 engines should get this thing mooving pretty easily. Also I think that this plane has way too much drag.. I'm descending with -2500ft/min and still needs a lot of thrust to mantain 250 kts.. Really hard to find a situation to descend in iddle thrust.

Outstanding!! Great update that I think makes this the best business jet for Flight sim simulation. Surprisingly  although the new texture size is like 2 times the old size, the performance is really grate, I should say also that is better than before!! Congratulations for the Flysimware team and hope this could make a solid platform for future developments. Commercially I would understand a price increase  that I would be certainly willing to pay, What we would want is a solid platform for future developments 😃. Just only one little issue, I can't get the GPU in aircraft configuration, FSXE.

Cheers!

Roberto

I am really enjoying the texture updates! Thanks for the wonderful work in helping to make the Falcon 50 a very enjoyable flight sim addon! I will have to one day upgrade to P3D version 4.4 or higher to enjoy the texture updates to their best.

2 hours ago, Ralvarez232 said:

Outstanding!! Great update that I think makes this the best business jet for Flight sim simulation. Surprisingly  although the new texture size is like 2 times the old size, the performance is really grate, I should say also that is better than before!! Congratulations for the Flysimware team and hope this could make a solid platform for future developments. Commercially I would understand a price increase  that I would be certainly willing to pay, What we would want is a solid platform for future developments 😃. Just only one little issue, I can't get the GPU in aircraft configuration, FSXE.

Cheers!

Roberto

In FSXSE if I select  'All Systems Off' mode from the Hanger popup I am then able to select a GPU on the Aircraft Options popup. Note all generators must be off before selecting a GPU.

Al

Edited by ark

Just installed the new update v1.7 and I'm using P3D v2.4 and have the flashes in the VC similar to the issue we had with earlier Beta versions, these are pretty significant flashes now, I was previously using Falcon 50 v1.5b which didn't have this problem? I installed under the P3D v2.0 click box in the installer.

Thanks

Martin

Edited by MartinRex007