Sign in to follow this  
JUST4ARTIST

ORBX True Earth GB / FPS insane killer!

Hi, I just have bought the new ORBX True Earth Great Britain for P3D, very nice product but an insane FPS killer.

I have an i7 with the RTX 2080 and 32 GB RAM, and it's impossible to fly over London. I got between 7 to 17 FPS what makes impossible to fly.

Loading time up to 6 minutes, I thought my PC was blocked due to it stops 3 minutes in 6%.

I also own True Earth Netherlands, I have no problem to move it at 45 FPS in Amsterdam airport.

Does anybody have the same problem in FPS or loading times?

Thanks!

Hi !  There is an very interesting thread of Rob Ainscough on the ORBX Forum - TE GB Performance issues

which goes congruently with your observations.

Rob claims that he also got no problems with TE Netherlands vs TE Great Britain, and that this serious performance issue is - most likely - a P3D CPU bound problem during rendering.

Maybe this helps you (sorry, don't have both of these sceneries).

All the best,

Konrad

1 hour ago, JUST4ARTIST said:

Hi, I just have bought the new ORBX True Earth Great Britain for P3D, very nice product but an insane FPS killer.
[...]
Does anybody have the same problem in FPS or loading times?

1 hour ago, KBUR said:

Hi !  There is an very interesting thread of Rob Ainscough on the ORBX Forum - TE GB Performance issues

Rob claims that he also got no problems with TE Netherlands vs TE Great Britain, and that this serious performance issue is - most likely - a P3D CPU bound problem during rendering.

We have an 11 page thread on the problems with TE GB South here:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/550009-orbx-trueearth-great-britain-south-released-for-prepar3d-v4/

Mainly caused by building objects in the scenery files located in the FTX_EU_!GBS_05_SCENERY folder. The suspect files have *3DM* in their name and there are 30 of them in that folder.

A patch to help performance is apparently being worked upon and will be released soon. In the meantime, there is a workaround described here:
https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/168114-tegb-south-p3dv44-settings-for-smooth-performance-at-4k/

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 hours ago, KBUR said:

All the best,

Konrad

It's always your pc remember that always. 

It couldnt possibly be your trying to put 10 gigs of scenery into an software engine designed 20 years ago.  

And if you think a software developer is going to say 'well it kind of works if you fly the default baron into St Athan, go on let's have your money then' 

Bottom line, it's great for GA flying not much good for tubelining into LL, KK, SS, GW with a High quality addon tube liner. 

I could of told you that before it was released you cant expect to put a massive amount of scenery whether it  be 10 gigs of blades or grass or 10 gigs of extra chimneys at battersea and council flats into a simulator designed in the late 90s and expect miracles no matter how much orbx try and shill it 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

Not for everyone it seems.....

In and around Bristol, not exactly the lightest area ever...30fps smooth

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

32 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Not for everyone it seems.....

In and around Bristol, not exactly the lightest area ever...30fps smooth

Depends on the aircraft. Would like to see PMDG results :)

• Like 1

ZORAN

For London this is what I did :

- backed up all 3M bgl files

- made a copy of the GB Scenery / texture folder 

- copied the Prealsoft London VFR AG into the GB Scenery / texture folder

Now I have a very well covered London and a much better franerate.

Loading time at London City airport : 1 min 12 sec

( With everything TE GB : 2 min 8 sec )

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

14 minutes ago, zmak said:

Depends on the aircraft. Would like to see PMDG results :)

Not tried yet, Im not really a PMDG flyer...but I should inagine some settings compromises should make it workable

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, tooting said:

whether it  be 10 gigs of blades or grass or 10 gigs of extra chimneys at battersea and council flats into a simulator designed in the late 90s

Like X-Plane was?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Plane_(simulator)

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I'm glad it isn't just my system that got slammed then. I've gone back to horizon genx and treescapes for now, & will wait for the patch from orbx.

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

5 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

Not tried yet, Im not really a PMDG flyer...but I should inagine some settings compromises should make it workable

Lovely.  Now a video into egll, eglc, eggw???  

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

Is it worse than True Earth Netherlands?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

55 minutes ago, tooting said:

I don't remember xplane being dumped half way through like fsx/aces was leaving it bug ridden and a pile of gash. 

Trueearth In xp11 works fine, I've got all three.  

That's certainly true, I own all three parts as well. But this may be less a fault of Prepar3d than ORBX who first developed the XP version and later on ported it - obvisouly with flaws - to Prepar3d. Take France VFR which has the same detail and runs quite well. Or take ORBX' own TE NL which was natively developed for Prepar3d and is a joy to fly.

I think it's a common misbelieve just making the age of the ESP code responsible for shortcomings. Both code basis are the same age and have been rewritten in large parts several times, Prepar3d between versions 1 and 2 eliminating legacy assembly code and more and versions 3 and 4 while transferring to 64 bit.  

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

6 hours ago, GSalden said:

For London this is what I did :

- backed up all 3M bgl files

- made a copy of the GB Scenery / texture folder 

- copied the Prealsoft London VFR AG into the GB Scenery / texture folder

Now I have a very well covered London and a much better franerate.

Loading time at London City airport : 1 min 12 sec

( With everything TE GB : 2 min 8 sec )

Didn't quite follow your logic. What has actually been replaced (if at all) to accommodate the Prealsoft London VFR AG in the Orbx GB scenery/texture files?