Sign in to follow this  
JUST4ARTIST

ORBX True Earth GB / FPS insane killer!

7 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

Not for everyone it seems....

In and around Bristol, not exactly the lightest area ever...30fps smooth

Totally OT, but had to call out how fantastic the Bronco is for sightseeing 😉 Which livery is that?

1 hour ago, DylanM said:

Totally OT, but had to call out how fantastic the Bronco is for sightseeing 😉 Which livery is that?

Thats why I love it, massive bubble canopy gives beautiful views.  Its my own repaint..G-KEVF

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Didn't quite follow your logic. What has actually been replaced (if at all) to accommodate the Prealsoft London VFR AG in the Orbx GB scenery/texture files?

The ORBx 3DM files seem to contain all of the scenery object data that is not POI or autogen related. Therefore, Gerard has presumably removed these files from the FTX_EU_!GBS_05_SCENERY/scenery folder (because these custom scenery objects are stored in BGL files), and added the Prealsoft London VFR autogen buildings to the FTX_EU_!GBS_05_SCENERY/texture folder. In other words, he has replaced the framerate killing scenery objects with far more framerate friendly autogen.

This begs the question......why did ORBx not build the city of London from autogen if Prealsoft could? Is it simply a matter of model and texture quality?

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

14 hours ago, JUST4ARTIST said:

I also own True Earth Netherlands, I have no problem to move it at 45 FPS in Amsterdam airport.

On that endorsement alone, just bought it as it's in that Valentine's Day sale. Hope I don't regret it.😀

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

This begs the question......why did ORBx not build the city of London from autogen if Prealsoft could? Is it simply a matter of model and texture quality?

Using bespoke custom buildings enabled ORBX to match the photo scenery footprint better than using autogen buildings.

Here's Prealsoft with just autogen in the City:
181930_LDN6.jpg

Here's ORBX's attempt:
5c5c968ab8690.jpg

Looks much nicer, but the higher polygon count from the more complicated building shapes is part of the reason as to why London is a resource hog in TE GB.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

The autogen buildings in that Prealsoft screenshot are all over the place, with no apparent attempt to match them to the base image. There is no way in hell that I would accept that on my PC.

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

23 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

The autogen buildings in that Prealsoft screenshot are all over the place, with no apparent attempt to match them to the base image. There is no way in hell that I would accept that on my PC.

That is only at several spots.

PSD-7.jpg

In total way better for jetflying with higher fps. Standing on the rw at AS Heathrow Pro and facing London I see 31 fps ( triple view + many clouds )

At the AS forum they did the same with Orbx London and had 7-17 fps ...

What would you prefer ?

I made a batchfile to switch between Total Orbx and Orbx Hybrid ( Prealsoft )

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

As for now it's in the recycle bin the only place where it's useful 🙄

Hope they will implement it like in TENL which has a far better performance and tuning tools as the current TEGB 😉

Have the XP version also installed and that one is very smooth...

Edited by awf

André

20 hours ago, tooting said:

Lovely.  Now a video into egll, eglc, eggw???  

Here you go...direct approach into EGLC, you can clearly see EGLL visible in the flight all loaded, takea a little frame hit but not unmanageable

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

Thanks for video.

I would like to see that scenario with PMDG B737 or FSLabs A320.

BRGDS

Edo

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ehasanov1 said:

Thanks for video.

BRGDS

Edo

I dont have the FSL, and havent flown the NGX in years..

I'll try a spin in the Maj Q400 when I get time next.

I'm not trying to prove you can have everything here, just that it ISNT unflyable.  I get the impression if I cant run a PMDG with 8x 4k displays at EGLL with 5,000,000 AI at 200fps some of you are going to say "ha! told you so, its useless!" 😛

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

xaP1VAU.png

Nonetheless, I find it remarkable it can be done. This type of scenery is certainly not desiged for rushing in an airliner at 3000' over London.

Although you should take into accout the machine Kevin uses which I suppose is above what most of us poor guys have.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Thanks for info.

You are right Michael. I didn't pay attention to Kevin PC. It is the beast which most people does not have.

I don't fly VFR aircraft or flights so at the moment I will skip ORBX TEGB

BRGDS

I reckon that Kevin's PC would handle the PMDG airliners just fine (particularly the 737 NGX). I just wish that my little GTX 770 could be sprinkled with some of Kevin's RTX 2080Ti fairy dust :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, ehasanov1 said:

Thanks for video.

BRGDS

Edo

But you're flying under IFR conditions following instructions from ATC. The last thing a B737 or A320 pilot would be doing is admiring the view when 10 miles out. He's concentrating on landing the aircraft not performing a sight-seeing tour of Central London or anywhere else for that matter.

I don't have the ORBX VFR scenery but even if I did I would disable it for IFR flying. It's for low and slow only.

• Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather