Sign in to follow this  
iwebber

The A340 Part 7 - To New Zealand

Following on from my previous post (here), we're in Bogota and about to take an Avianca A319 down to Santiago. From there we'll make our way across the South Pacific to Auckland... then I was a bit impulsive.

Parked in Bogota, high ground visible in the background and quite a bit of unstable air around... and no jetways (I've no idea?)
uc?id=111fFohBTBOQ2yZ0JLfGoGs1n9NTOICst

A whole bunch of older, more interesting AI in South America, here, an Aerosucre 727, don't see many of them.
uc?id=1KvV2nzHPwPvM59JK1qyIiuCCiQ6XLLn2

A Canadian Kelowna Flightcraft (now KF Aerospace) DC10 avoiding the CB's
uc?id=1XR0xn4x9diR87Mwjm8NL_FprIBkWvTea

The Military ramp in Bogota
uc?id=1zJj64VB7H_stJzTzF_PkiLhIieqRcE7z

Going into cloud quite quickly after departure, keeping an eye on the terrain as there's quite a bit around...
uc?id=1eqOX8vBMmgqvmHNGAVxlXcYrTmSvUXt4

Nice scenery in the cruise but there's only so many pictures of mountains and clouds I can post. While we're over Peru I catch this LCPeru Dash8-100 descending into Lima and...
uc?id=14MRum3_Mo-kOcYPkf5jrcvqE0TY3d32U

...this Sioux City KC-135 on the ground.
uc?id=11xrosKpuKBWFLN55lVRqfUF6t9AiW0ZZ

Starting the descent into SCEL, lots of altitude restrictions on the way down, the terrain display being invaluable again.
uc?id=149EOwwumT1BnlwV41YuLEubc0xFYww2q

As we descend below the mountain tops we enter a layer of cloud.
uc?id=1SKodBarDujYumQWRyHyRISyQ_84FzVl1

Out of the bottom of the cloud and starting the approach.
uc?id=1UZgl4bgTAFTadt1rn1pHIEJVppKCmrcy

Taxiing in, a bunch of LAN 788's, I wonder we're they're going.
uc?id=1uZYwgtZBB-jw0J3Vd1c_0G_x8NAhAgLp

Last shot of a pretty JetSmart A320 and LAN 767 taking off in the background.
uc?id=1OX5erhUOxuq5jXsaIU5UN_qPzd3qD0Dc

Next flight is a LAN 788 to Auckland, it's a pretty murky evening in Santiago and our taxi out and take off is conducted particularly slowely and carefully.
uc?id=1pv0sdWimDxluNY9pRtoP-CHCrjsg7bpM

uc?id=100RhQX6f5JrK5RIUKRK8qrWMFML6U80K

We soon climb out of the murk and make our way across the Pacific, it was dark and there wasn't much to see (not even much AI down there). As we approach Auckland though, it's a clear night and here we are descending over the city
uc?id=1esxPKOXGvN1HmkfNNp2FhCNkpmeNk0ex

Here's a Qantas 737 departing very early from Auckland.
uc?id=1LMZvhNJodBCO5AzFYYS3vN_HtaK_z8R4

Here's a Barrier Air Islander parked up at North Shore Aerodrome.
uc?id=17IiHXS03TM1ribF2W6QJqOXsfN9x6Wz7

Not much scenery for Auckland at the moment so here we are parked up at the standard Orbx one.
uc?id=1bNwtPog4M1wlCVHNGcdiagQUJ6UB1XIe

At this point I had an epiphany, I'd been sitting on the Carenado Do228 for a while and not flown it much and had just picked some Orbx NZ in a recent sale and figured, why not combine the two. I rationalised it as a charter from Auckland to Queenstown, then on to Milford Sound and finally back to Auckland. I couldn't find a New Zealand paint for it so suspended my reality for a while a flew a Golf registered aircraft.

I wasn't sure I was going to post any pictures so I didn't get many of the departure but on seeing these decided I needed to take some more.
uc?id=1ZKiIiXCvHhhA1ukFlG3v0vGF8Qa4DVhC

uc?id=1vbHjrFexOsSwLWyXkE7nxXHg9NImes8O

For more of this excursion see here.

Otherwise, next flight is over to China, then down to South Africa... I even manage to find an A340...

• Like 1

Nice collection!  Thanks for sharing.

Dan

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS