Sign in to follow this  

Deadstick Bush FS is going to be awesome!

Oh yeah, beyond awesome I suspect. And getting closer to release 😊

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Fascinating read. It's great a small independent with a real world love of flying is creating a labor of love sim focusing on the excitement of low and slow. I spent a lot of time bush surfing (sounds kinda sleazy that!) in the OrbX PNG regions. Emo followed by some ridiculously inaccessible strips. 

Edited by sloppysmusic

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Orbx CRM with Dewey Moore, Mile Hi and numerous other Idaho Airstrips is where I bush fly.

Does NOTHING for me.  The bush flying in P3d with ORBX Northwest module satisfies me beyond my expectations.  I really don't want to design my own plane, and end up with one that looks somewhat cartoonish compared to the ones I already have in my stable.

I hope you all enjoy  it if it intrigues you, but for me.....I'm not impressed (IMHO).

Stan

let's look at it from another stand point: FSW tried to go head to head with the other two big ones and failed horribly.

People complained that it did not match what they already had. Thus the negative chatter.

This sim is specific, and it will need to be judged on its own merits.

tc

Edited by flyforever

It generated a great deal of interest at last years Flightsim2018 at RAF Cosford.

I'm looking forward to it. One of the things I used to enjoy in older flight sims was the challenge of landing and taking off from tiny airstrips hemmed in by trees. You really learn the capability of your plane in those situations. Back in the early days of MSFS when the first user-made scenery became possible, I designed a few "smugger" strips in the Florida Everglades just for practice. 

X-Plane doesn't have collision detection for trees and buildings unless you hand-design collision boxes in WED. I've missed that kind of feedback on whether I've made it without scraping the treetops.

Speaking of which, the success of this sim will depend on how well it models damage from poor landings (or treetop scrapes). I want to see how well it handles this.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I hope this does well, I'm definitely getting this when available. If so it will encourage game engine makers to better support flight sims (things like large open world terrains based on real world GIS data). Modern game engines are advancing at an incredible pace and hopefully we'll see more flight sims built on such platforms.

I hope Deadstick is going to support 3rd party addon development.

Barry Friedman

A new must see video!!!

Bush Flight Simulator, Live Stream Replay #2

I just started watching it but I'm hearing great things already! Here are some highlights:

- The in game map does NOT show you where you are during flight! 🙂 And you won't get a GPS or something like that in the base game.

- It has a very dynamic career mode: things happen depending on where you are and how well you do.

- The weather/NOTAM is obtained from a computer on specific airports: you have to actually walk to the cmputer in a building, watch the NOTAM and your in game map will be updated to show current weather. However, it won't be updated during the flight... or ever... until you check another computer on an airport for the newest NOTAM! 🙂

- Damage is dynamic and repairing it costs money. Damage can be internal (like when you don't manage systems well) and external (like anything 😉 ). If you crash in a remote area it will cost you a lot of money to salvage the plane!

- You will be able to edit the looks of your plane (liveries, logo's, etc.) through Steam Workshops.

- You can take insurance to cover for repairs but... there may be 'less legitimate jobs' and if you do one of those and crash you won't get any insurance money...! 😉 

- Discovery is part of the game: there may be landing locations which you will only make available (on your map and for jobs) when you find them!

- The static you hear on the radio's is the right kind of static depending on the device/freqs you use. The quality of the signal also depends on the distance. You can tune in the ADF to (internet) radio stations (with realistic crappy sound) and here also the signal depends on where you fly.

- There will be icing: it actually accumulates over time and the ice will get thicker and thicker. It's not just an on and off option.

- You have to pay landing fees on the bigger airports, you may not pay them but then your reputation will get hurt. Smaller airports may have an 'honesty tin' for fees and the really small ones won't have any fee. You also (obviously) have to pay for fuel, oil, maintenance, etc.

- You will never die: after a really serious crash in which you would normally die you will be teleported to an airport from which you will have to salvage your plane: planes will always be repairable, even if you have to replace every item.

- You can hand crank the prop. It will kick back realistically if you didn't set the systems properly. If you land somewhere in the bush and have to sleep in a tent (which you can) and forgot to turn everything off, the batteries will be empty and you won't be able to start... but you can still get away by hand cranking the prop.

After 29 minutes or so the stream will show new gameplay! 

This sim is going to be realistic and great! 

Edited by Guest

Yep,

really looking fwd into this one!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

5 hours ago, steve310002 said:

And it will apparently be in VR as an additional option 

From what I understood free flight mode will be possible in VR right away and full VR support will be added during early access. Afaik sitting in the cockpit and flying is no problem in VR but walking around and doing things with the plane on the ground is, at least at this moment.

I had been looking forward to this sim but with its wait I ended up having to choose Xplane11 as my second sim in addition to P3DV4.  Xplane11 was a good choice and if this sim proves to be good and can be installed to a secondary drive, I will get an external solid state drive, an investment I have wanted to make for my photoscenery for a long time.  Either that or a speedy external hard drive, depends on which is recommended to be faster and have the fastest load times, which reduce stutters.  This Bush sim probably will have stellar performance, I suspect as the Valley Benchmark, which has similar flora and fauna detail, runs at 150 fps on my now modest, two year old MSI Vortex.

John