Sign in to follow this  
Will273

Flight Simulator Global Real Weather Installation

Just got this for X Plane 10 but not exactly sure about the installation and how it connects to X Plane. It says it doesn't have to be installed in a simulation folder but I installed it to my E: drive where X Plane is...since it says it doesn't matter. Thought it would be better to keep them close. Anyway it's not in the X Plane folder...just in the same E: drive...separate folders. So I downloaded real weather in FSGRW  with X Plane weather set not to download real weather but I'm not getting anything. I know I'm doing something wrong but wasn't sure exactly what. I don't understand how the two are supposed to connect if they're in separate folders. I think I didn't install it correctly so I deleted the installation and want to start again with a better understanding of what needs to be done. It also said to have X Plane running before you run FSGRW....I think...and if that's so...exactly how's that done. When I run X Plane it's full screen so how do I close it and open the FSGRW? Besides...I still don't understand how the two connect...how does the weather get transferred...seems they have to connect somehow. I don't use any add-ons except a few aircraft  because I know how to install those...stuff like this I normally stay away from. Hope someone can get started here. Thanks.

Edited by Will273

FSGRW can be installed anywhere on the system.

Goto FSGRW settings and set the folder path of X-plane. 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I got it running! Seems I didn't have the path down correctly and it couldn't find X Plane. I thought I wrote the path correctly but maybe I didn't so I ended up doing a copy/paste like thing and now it works. Kind of reminds me of the olds days of DOS...before Windows ever came around...yea there was flight simulation back then too...Sublogic. Anyway after a lot of frustration I "think" it's working. I shut everything down and now I'm taking a break and will check it out again later today and do a test flight. I saw in the manual it can be installed anywhere but thought I might be misunderstanding it but you're correct...anywhere works. Thanks for replying HumptyDumpty and letting me know that.

It's very simple,  in the FSGRW settings select the Simulator of choice and for XP give it the folder , there is an option to browse the folder. Under the folder you would see the IP address which should be the local loopback ip don't change that.

Once done , download the weather and then select XP when xfering the weather.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Yea...That's what I needed to do...browse the folder. Instead I was typing it in...possibly wrong a few times but the browsing did the trick. Thanks!