Sign in to follow this  
Rdtcmttsa

Rc4toxplane

Hello folks, first time in yhis forum.

I have been using XP for about a year now and its great.

I come from FSX world for about twenty years and I have used radar contact as far as I can remember.

But now im using XP.

1. I have loaded RC4toXP and I see it in my plugins' folder but when I load XP its not there in plugins.

2. I have radar contact registered. can I have radar contact running on a second monitor or does it have to be on the server with XP.

3. Also when loading XP11 I get an error saying I must set up XP exe and XP exe32 bit to administrator rights. I always start Xp in ADMIN rights.

4. The directions seem a little vague.

What im wanting to do is run XP one the server and run Radar contact on my second monitor(client). that's how I ran it with FSX.

All my secondary utilities run on a network.

If not how can I get the right procedure done to get it up and running.

THX...………………...RobertC

30 minutes ago, Rdtcmttsa said:

Hello folks, first time in yhis forum.

I have been using XP for about a year now and its great.

I come from FSX world for about twenty years and I have used radar contact as far as I can remember.

But now im using XP.

1. I have loaded RC4toXP and I see it in my plugins' folder but when I load XP its not there in plugins.

2. I have radar contact registered. can I have radar contact running on a second monitor or does it have to be on the server with XP.

3. Also when loading XP11 I get an error saying I must set up XP exe and XP exe32 bit to administrator rights. I always start Xp in ADMIN rights.

4. The directions seem a little vague.

What im wanting to do is run XP one the server and run Radar contact on my second monitor(client). that's how I ran it with FSX.

All my secondary utilities run on a network.

If not how can I get the right procedure done to get it up and running.

THX...………………...RobertC

Affirmative.

Radar Contact 4. RC4toXPlane,. both must be installed on same server machine (where XP 11 (or 10) is installed.

Also, set "rcV4.exe" (main RC4 program executrable) to run as admin.

RC4toXPlane plugin won't run until it knows the local path RC4 is installed to.

There is a whole thread about the tool here on Avsim.

Edited by FS++
added info

Im sorry I get the same error administrator rights.

I started both rc4toxplane as ADMIN and the same with Radar contact.

is that what you mean.

The plugin folder has RC4toXPlane in it and I started it as admin.

I loaded Radar contact as admin also.

So what happens from there. Do I just start XP. And how do you register RC4toXPlane. ( a valid key).

Instructions are terrible.

RobertC………………..THX

35 minutes ago, Rdtcmttsa said:

Im sorry I get the same error administrator rights.

I started both rc4toxplane as ADMIN and the same with Radar contact.

is that what you mean.

The plugin folder has RC4toXPlane in it and I started it as admin.

I loaded Radar contact as admin also.

So what happens from there. Do I just start XP. And how do you register RC4toXPlane. ( a valid key).

Instructions are terrible.

RobertC………………..THX

The plugin itself should prompt you to register. You typically fill-out "Registration.txt" file and send it to register[at]multicrewxp.com

Since the plugin isn't showing up in X-Plane menu, I have reasons to believe your installation is somewhat flawed.

Perhaps you have multiple X-Plane installations and you only installed plugin to one of them.

Go to \X-Plane\Resources\Plugins\RC4toXPlane\ folder (on the X-Plane installation you have been running).

There should be 2 folders <32> and <64>

Please check both folders have a file named "win.xpl"

If missing, suggest you re-run the installer "Setup_RC4.exe"

If still no joy with installer still not automatically copying those folders, could be some permission issue on your side with Windows denying creation of those folders.

In that case, go back to downloaded unzipped file, copy those folders from there and manually paste them to  \X-Plane\Resources\Plugins\RC4toXPlane\ folder.

When I load rc4toxp it does not prompt me for a key, it just loads and thas it.

do I have to manually insert the registration key.

Is there a step by step tutorial.

After I register Radar Contact, what do I do with it close it, open it?

The rc4toxp folder is in plugins and the folders 62 and 32 are present in rc4toxp.

As I said there is no asking of reg.key or anything, just loads the file in the proper place, and when I try to start XP in admin I get the error that that the Xplane exe and the 32 bit xp exe. need to be set to admin.

Where is the 32 bit xp exe?

What do you mean by set to admin and not start in admin?

Am I missing a step?

I have loaded Radar contact and registered it on the same computer as Xp 11.

I then loaded rc4toxp , and it loaded I believe all the appropriate files except the the key file.

The rc4toxp file , plugins/rc4toxp/ 64,32 are present.

I don't believe there is an error in running XP. No problem until trying to load rc4toxp.

Seems to be straight forward.

THX...…..RobertC

Hello Folks, I finally after hours of configuring got it up and working, but there is a problem.

when I start XP and then load radar Contact the display window does not show up.

All settings work  , but just the display not showing up.

Thx...RobertC