Sign in to follow this  
Airbus

New Inspector Settings for GTX 1050 Ti?

Just upgraded my graphics card from GTX 560 Ti to GTX 1050 Ti.  Installed 418.91 drivers. Do I need to change Nvidia Inspector settings? Could you please point me to a good reference if I need to change settings? I am using FSX ( I know it's an overkill for FSX but I am planning to change simulator later)

Thanks!

Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

You don't need NI and in fact many people recommend not to use it.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Don't know why so many folks on this site are nVidia Inspector haters... it's just a GPU tweaker.  It sets registry flags related to the GPU, just like nVidia's own Control Panel... only NI offers far more control to the end user than CP.

On 2/16/2019 at 12:11 PM, Airbus said:

Just upgraded my graphics card from GTX 560 Ti to GTX 1050 Ti.  Installed 418.91 drivers. Do I need to change Nvidia Inspector settings?

Probably not a lot to change from your previous NI settings.  One would hope you could run higher AA in FSX with your new card?

The version of NI you run is important.  Later variants/forks include a setting in the "Common" section defined as "CUDA - Force P2 State" that should be set to OFF.  Later nVidia cards (including your 1050Ti) include the P2 state which allows the video card to take a nap... when it thinks it should.  Needless to say we would rather our nVidia GPU's not be taking naps while we're simming. :biggrin:  Of course, the P2 state OFF setting should be used in conjunction with "Prefer Maximum Performance" in the "Power Management Mode" setting (also in the "Commom" section).

This version of nVidia Inspector will allow you to control the P2 state: https://github.com/DeadManWalkingTO/NVidiaProfileInspectorDmW

HTH,

Greg