• I like realism that Simulations give
    • I like the community vibe
    • It's way cheaper than in RL
    • I'm a graphics geek

It's fun - duh.

regards
bs

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

What about the enjoyment and educational value?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

All the above?

There's nothing I don't like about it, come to think of it...

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Erm, I like aeroplanes?

• Like 6

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Since my first plane trip at age 5 I wanted to be an airline pilot but never got to be one. Now at age 67 I can. Virtually that is.

• Like 5

Vic green

None of those really apply to what I like best.  Please add another option:

- None of the above, but I do greatly like and enjoy it.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I enjoy operating equipment and I like the idea of being able to operate the most complex equipment in existence.

• Like 2

Besides some of the already given answers, as an ifr-only simmer, I find it very relaxing to sit back and just enjoy the views and monitor the various systems. It is also a perfect match to a glass of wine.

Much better than therapy imho...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

9 hours ago, GCBraun said:

Besides some of the already given answers, as an ifr-only simmer, I find it very relaxing to sit back and just enjoy the views and monitor the various systems. It is also a perfect match to a glass of wine.

Much better than therapy imho...

Great answer.  A good Pinot or Cabernet while IFR flying is so good.  By the way, I like it when VFR flying as well!

Stan

ps.  VFR because it's a simulation!

Edited by spilok
  • Like 2

My reason for flightsimming ist not in the list.

When I start in1989 with FS3 comming out, I don´t like the grafics very much. 2 white lines on a green carpet 😉

BUT-for the first time you have the expierence to see how big is the world. I remember Meigs Airfield, I did not expect how large is Lake Michigan, how far is Meigs from San Francisco.

Today I love my Planet and that I can fly where ever I want-this is it-Explore our Planet. 😎

• Like 1

Stephan from Germany

My System

1. Landing in nasty weather with brutal wind shear and crosswind at night especially in X-Plane 11.

2. Flying two or three hundred KM cross county in Glider Discus X in Prepar3D.

3. Flying up and down the west coast of and Rockies from Alaska to Southern California and Austealia in GA aircraft like the C172 and Piper Cherokee.

4. Flying into Kai Tak.

To name a few! 😀

The challenges that flight simulations offers and the satisfaction of great approaches and landings shifts the gears from challenges about my work. It's kind of relaxing in that way.

I wanted to be a pilot but I never got anywhere close.  I was derailed by health problems at an early age.

Now I just enjoy the pseudo adventure...the exploration of places I may have never been and I also enjoy the ability to design things for flight simulator (skies and clouds in my case).

• Like 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.