Sign in to follow this  
Corey Langford

No voice recognition for checklist prompts

Hi all,

Trying to start a flight from San Francisco to Amsterdam, FO runs preflight and all that fine but when it comes to the preflight checklist things get weird. I can call for the checklist fine and FO will pop it up but after that no voice is picked up, nothing in the green bar and no actions from the FO thereafter. I have set up my microphone in speech recognition as well as done the voice training. Reinstalls, sim restarts and PC restarts have not solved the issue and this issue was not present 24 hours ago departing Amsterdam nor was it present on my old computer (this one is 4 days old). Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Corey

4 hours ago, Corey Langford said:

this issue was not present 24 hours ago departing Amsterdam nor was it present on my old computer (this one is 4 days old). Anyone got any ideas?

Ensure your audio drivers are updated.

If it never happened on your old computer, that suggests a hardware difference.

I think I have solved the issue and it is entirely my fault. I got the Corsair HS70 Wireless headset with my new build 4 days ago and the headset wasn't connected when starting the sim therefore was not an option in the FS2Crew window. I still do not understand why I was able to call for the preflight checklist but not reply to any of the checklist challenges though. Anyway, thank you for you assistance.

Glad you got it sorted 🙂

I've had cases where people send me support tickets saying voice recognition stopped working.

Turns out they accidentally has the 'mute' button on their headset pressed in.

Happens to the best of us 🙂

I've had my mic on mute and had it take me a few minutes to realise too. Run into another problem though, not sure how far through this replicates itself yet but it just will not pick up "descent checklist" and picks up "takeoff" instead. Would adding a voice pronunciation through the speech recognition app help this do you think?