im selling my 2 gtx titans sc 6gb each first editions Kepler 

looking for a 1080ti

which brand would be the best?

terms of speed etc etc?

currently have evga 

but perhaps Asus strix for 1080ti

thanks 

mike

I'd also put MSI in your shortlist - they make great graphics cards. There's a good comparative chart here:

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_rtx_2080_ti_lightning_z_review,32.html

Edited by vortex681

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

11 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

I'd also put MSI in your shortlis

Glad I got this before I read this endorsement in January abroad for a dam sight lot less than 2nd hand here on eBay

31 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

any specific Msi 1080ti?

MSI 1080 Ti Lightning Z seems to be the best - https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/msi-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-lightning-z-review,1.html

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I just bought a used Asus strix 1080ti for CAD$700. I got all the packaging and the orginal sales receipt from Canada Computer. If it was not for the sales receipt I would have bought an evga because the warranty is attached to the card not the purchaser. The Asus Strix 1080ti is CAD$1950 on newegg.ca CAD$2050 with HST. That in itself is fishy! HST is supposed to be 13%.

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAFA48G65338&ignorebbr=1

I would highly suggest buying a used on. But be careful! I sold my 980ti which I had for 2 years and also bough used for about $500. I got CAD $300 and that card owed me nothing. So as I see the I am $400 into an as new 1080ti with 2 years of warranty. That's less than 1/5th of the price of a new one!

As I said I would strongly suggest shopping around for a used on locally. One that you get to handle and meet the person you are buying if from face to face.

Edited by Guest

I just got a used but mint condition (from a known friend) Titan Xp Star Wars Empire edition for $850 CAD

Super happy to replace my GTX 1070 finally. Just did not see the justification for the RTX line prices.

Edited by GHarrall

I tried 3 different 1080ti cards until I came across the Geforce Nvidia AMP EXTREME.  I don't know what difference it made compared to the rest, but it hums along just nice.

52 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

Just did not see the justification for the RTX line prices.

Not only the RTX line. The Price of new 1080ti's is insane!

9 hours ago, mikeymike said:

I’ve seen a asus rog strix 1080ti for 720 Canadian on Facebook market

Well as I posted above, I got mine for CAD$700. If you want one and you can pick that up in person and get a sales receipt that's not tied to one person i.e. a high street store sales receipt, I'd pick that one up! But they can only go down in price! Right?

Zotac amp or amp extreme. Great cards and a 5 year warranty 

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

Thinking of purchasing the gigabyte auros extreme edition 

is that a good buy?

will it be ok with asus vi extreme board ?

haf x 942 case