Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

What's going on with prying eyes?

47 minutes ago, sightseer said:

My copy appears to phone home every single time I use it.  there has never been a time when I fired up XPlane without an internet connection and it let me run in full mode.  I find it annoying but since Im aware there is the USB option, I put up with it.

I suppose after reviewing all the responses I just have to be tolerant and complain to my ISP when there is a problem, rather than Austin.  Because in the end having the option to buy both his product, P3DV4 and all my other sims and add-ons online is worth it since fewer and fewer big box stores and big box electronics stores carry the PC titles our hobbyists like.  I remember it did not used to be like that in the early days of MSFS, I could walk into the big software stores and buy tons of scenery and add-ons for the sim.

People complain about the loss of brick and mortar stores but in our crowded cities housing was becoming expensive because of the amount of land these stores were taking from the home and apartment builders.  The movie "Batteries Not Included" was prophetic in this regard.

John

Edited by John_Cillis

Thanks for all the replies. Well I'm using the disk set for X Plane 10 so I'd probably do the same for X Plane 11 but would like an alternative if they stopped with the DVD/disks. I remember trying to download something for X Plane...not the demo but something else and it was big...like the 10 hour thing and I kept getting disconnected every 10 or 15 minutes. I eventually went to the library and used their computer and got it done in no time. As long as they keep selling the disks I'll be happy. Thanks for letting me know the 10 hours sounds normal for a big download with a slow connection...I'll make arrangements for the wait next time.

Edited by Will273