Sign in to follow this  
Steve_Ellis

Slight Lag when changing Frequency

Morning,

I have been trying P2ATC on a networked machine in Trial mode.

Firstly I am really impressed with the product, the only issue I have at the moment is that there is a lag of up to 20-60 seconds when changing frequencies.

Is this normal at all and has anyone experienced this. ?  I have a reasonable computer that it runs on and noticed in the task manager, it requires quite a bit of memory

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

If you have less than 6GB of memory or have other things running on the networked machine, that could  explain the lag. 

Could also be something in the network slowing it down as a frequency change requires interaction with the SIM as the program must try and keep in sync with the aircraft radios.

Thank for the reply Dave.

It seems to be working better now for some reason. I think I need to limit my tabs on my Firefox Browser I have open at once.

Think Im pretty hooked already 😀

Cheers

Steve

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk