Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Liverpool John Lennon Airport P3D v4

It looks like Digital Design have built a nice looking version of EGGP Liverpool John Lennon Airport and surroundings for P3D v4. Check out the FS Elite home page.

• Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Imagine there's no stutters

It's easy if you try

No blurries below us

Above us only sky

Imagine all the simmers living for today

Imagine there's no AWOL developers 

It isn't hard to do

Nothing to kill our framerates

And no CTDs too

Imagine all the virtual pilots refreshing life in 60 hertz, 

You may say I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only desktop aeronaut 

I hope some day you'll join us

And AVSIM will be as one.

Imagine total immersion 

I wonder if you can

No need for angst or hyperbole 

A brotherhood of air-man

Imagine all the addons sharing all the cores, 

But I'm not the only one

And AVSIM will be as one

Edited by IAhawkeyeDDS
font
  • Like 16
  • Upvote 3

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Besides all that 😁 these guys do a really good job with their airports.  So I will likely be switching out my UK2000 version for this new one.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

13 minutes ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

It's easy if you try

No blurries below us

Above us only sky

It isn't hard to do

And no CTDs too

Imagine total immersion 

I wonder if you can

A brotherhood of air-man

But I'm not the only one

And AVSIM will be as one

Someone really really needs to get out more... 😂 🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My sweet lord....

Oh wait, that's George Harrison.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

18 hours ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

Besides all that 😁 these guys do a really good job with their airports.  So I will likely be switching out my UK2000 version for this new one.

Same as me in a flash. Let's hope they replace of the uk2000s. Old dross scenerys

14ppkc-6.png

Harsh, Pete. It is wasn't for Gary, the UK airport scenery environment would be virtually empty. I enjoy flying to and from all of my UK2000 Xtreme airports, and I personally feel that Gary's runway and taxiway lights are second to none.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

21 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

It looks like Digital Design have built a nice looking version of EGGP Liverpool John Lennon Airport and surroundings for P3D v4. Check out the FS Elite home page.

You have me really perplexed, Christopher. I thought you were a UK2000 Beta Tester, and fully agree with what you testify about Gary's solo work re: UK2000Scenery airports, so would hardly have expected you to endorse a DD product. I have Gary's Liverpool. Do I stick with it or go for the DD when it emerges, whenever?

4 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Do I stick with it or go for the DD when it emerges, whenever?

I won't be buying Digital Design Liverpool, as I never fly there.
But I can tell you I have a few of this developer's airports and they are on a very high level when it comes to looks, details and performance - one of the best around.
So I can hardly imagine someone could be disappointed with Digital Design.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

UK2000 LIverpool Xtreme was released nearly eight years ago, Rick!! The fact that I am a UK2000 beta tester does not stop me from endorsing the products of another company if I consider them to be good quality, and this Digital Design version of Liverpool looks very nice indeed.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

27 minutes ago, Rafal said:

I won't be buying Digital Design Liverpool, as I never fly there.
But I can tell you I have a few of this developer's airports and they are on a very high level when it comes to looks, details and performance - one of the best around.
So I can hardly imagine someone could be disappointed with Digital Design.

24 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

UK2000 LIverpool Xtreme was released nearly eight years ago, Rick!! The fact that I am a UK2000 beta tester does not stop me from endorsing the products of another company if I consider them to be good quality, and this Digital Design version of Liverpool looks very nice indeed.

Now that, gents, is what I call top-class User-to-User friendly advice. Jotting in down in my diary to get that DD product when it comes out. What else can I say to you two, specially you, Rafal, as I know like me you are an FSL A320 user, except a Thank You for your replies.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Harsh, Pete. It is wasn't for Gary, the UK airport scenery environment would be virtually empty. I enjoy flying to and from all of my UK2000 Xtreme airports, and I personally feel that Gary's runway and taxiway lights are second to none.

if he had not done the sceneries someone else would of done it. 

He also did it for commercial gain as business.  

I'm sure he's a lovely guy. But I don't owe him anything. 

My personal opinion is I think they are of a low standard. The same as i think asdas own brand blackberry squash is of a lower standard than Ribena, just because adsa makes a blackberry squash doesnt mean I owe them anything. 

You could also urgue by Gary making his dull upattractive sceneries, it's stop the likes of other developers from making them until now. 

It's like me saying if it wasn't for me then no flights would have flightplans today at my airlines. which is not true they could easily get someone else to do them. That's business. 

You're making out the guy walks on water. He sells a product of low quality and I can't wait to remove LPL and LGW when they are both done. 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

On 2/17/2019 at 4:51 PM, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

It's easy if you try

No blurries below us

Above us only sky

It isn't hard to do

And no CTDs too

Imagine total immersion 

I wonder if you can

A brotherhood of air-man

But I'm not the only one

And AVSIM will be as one

Very good, well done!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

42 minutes ago, tooting said:

if he had not done the sceneries someone else would of done it. 

He also did it for commercial gain as business.  

I'm sure he's a lovely guy. But I don't owe him anything. 

My personal opinion is I think they are of a low standard. The same as i think asdas own brand blackberry squash is of a lower standard than Ribena, just because adsa makes a blackberry squash doesnt mean I owe them anything. 

You could also urgue by Gary making his dull upattractive sceneries, it's stop the likes of other developers from making them until now. 

It's like me saying if it wasn't for me then no flights would have flightplans today at my airlines. which is not true they could easily get someone else to do them. That's business. 

You're making out the guy walks on water. He sells a product of low quality and I can't wait to remove LPL and LGW when they are both done. 

“Someone else would HAVE done it”. Not necessarily. Gary has produced decent scenery for years that blended well into 32-bit scenery.

He has announced there will be no further offerings this year whilst he updates his software design tools to take advantage of 64-bit. He’ll then start designing new ones that should look pretty good.

His prices were always reasonable and he remains one of the few developers who you can talk to on his forum. That means a lot.

You're entitled to your opinion but I disagree with you. The EGCC offering from Aerosoft was not great. The developers - I.D.S. were a shambles of a company and their Nassau scenery is the only paid one I have removed as its VAS usage was dreadful. I’ll take Gary's any day.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

They may be of a 'low standard' as you say Pete, but you fail to mention that they're also extremely reasonably priced, with top notch performance. Swings and roundabouts and all that.

Edited by nealmac
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough