Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Liverpool John Lennon Airport P3D v4

One thing you can say for Gary when asked by users to develop other airports in Europe he said he would not go into another developers area, now we will have the choice of 2 or 3 or more version of the same airport while there are airports out there that no one has touched. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

22 minutes ago, rjfry said:

One thing you can say for Gary when asked by users to develop other airports in Europe he said he would not go into another developers area, now we will have the choice of 2 or 3 or more version of the same airport while there are airports out there that no one has touched. 

There should be some agreement between all the major developers that they don’t tread on each other’s toes. It’s a waste of effort generally. Take Aerosoft EGLL and UK2000. Both very similar and how many will buy both and then painstakingly compare and uninstall the one they don’t like?

I wish there were more airports in Central Europe. Some are years old and built for FSX.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I want just one developer to wake up......and build a detailed version of EINN Shannon.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

I want just one developer to wake up......and build a detailed version of EINN Shannon.

They will probably all do it at the same time so you will have a choice. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I think some of Gary's airports are better than others. I find EGKK has a really immersive atmosphere - more so than some much 'prettier', more up-to-date airports. I find EGSS very bland and basic... but then I find that in real life too!

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

Digital Design's Liverpool has been installed over 20 times for me.  It works just after I install it but Liverpool reverts to DEFAULT scenery the next day when I fly into it.  What gives here?  Is there something I have to do to PERMANENTLY keep it installed?  Extremely frustrating and I don't know how to solve this.  It is the ONLY scenery that does this for me.  What is the solution to keep it installed?

Stan

Just now, spilok said:

Digital Design's Liverpool has been installed over 20 times for me.  It works just after I install it but Liverpool reverts to DEFAULT scenery the next day when I fly into it.  What gives here?  Is there something I have to do to PERMANENTLY keep it installed?  Extremely frustrating and I don't know how to solve this.  It is the ONLY scenery that does this for me.  What is the solution to keep it installed?

Stan

That's very odd.  

Do you have any other scenery for the area installed?

Do you have Lorby's AddonOrganizer?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Is it normal that buildings outside like hotel etc.are without lights at night? I find it rather black at night even with Dynamic lights. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

13 hours ago, Mace said:

That's very odd.  

Do you have any other scenery for the area installed?

Do you have Lorby's AddonOrganizer?

Nope.  No other Liverpool conflicting software.  I do have ORBX ENGLAND installed.  Would that be a conflict, or a problem with how its installed in Scenery library?

2 hours ago, spilok said:

Nope.  No other Liverpool conflicting software.  I do have ORBX ENGLAND installed.  Would that be a conflict, or a problem with how its installed in Scenery library?

I would think that in the scenery library, you would want the Liverpool scenery at a higher priority than Orbx England, but you never know with two different products exactly what works and what doesn't.

If that doesn't work, you might try disabling Orbx England and then re-test.

Lorby's AO can sometimes give you a clue if something is wrong as it uses colors with each scenery entry (green/red/purple, etc.)

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

5 hours ago, Mace said:

I would think that in the scenery library, you would want the Liverpool scenery at a higher priority than Orbx England, but you never know with two different products exactly what works and what doesn't.

If that doesn't work, you might try disabling Orbx England and then re-test.

Lorby's AO can sometimes give you a clue if something is wrong as it uses colors with each scenery entry (green/red/purple, etc.)

I moved Digital Design up above ORBX entries.  Let's see how this works out.

Stan